G-10 review by Esteban

Esteban: G-10

Purchased from: Gift

For my purposes it suits me very well I only use it with my Taylor 214CE Acoustic guitar. The amp has a very clean, bright sound. There is no rattling or buzzing noise. I use it for leading worship at our church, (because we don't have a sound system) and it works very well. The distortion is a little bit of a disappointment, it is very weak, and you have to turn the amp up all of the way to be able to hear it. If you are looking for distortion for an electric guitar, then this amp is a let down. It does well, however, with just increasing the volume of an Acoustic guitar.

For anyone who wants a small, portable, and loud amp, this is a very good choice. Its portability is another great feature. Because it is about the size of a large shoe box, it will fit easily in the back of any vehicle. If it were to break or something happen to it, I would not hesitate to by another. If you are looking for lots of features you will be disappointed, but it is an excellent amp for providing more volume for a guitar. I would definitely suggest this to anyone looking for a cheap simple amplifier.

This amp is extremely strong and sturdy, and I have no fears about playing without a backup. I have only had it for a short time, so I have not had any problems with it. (with the way that it has been performing I am not expecting any either). The cover is very tough and will protect it from just about any blow.

Basic Facts: It was made in 2006. In most stores it will sell for around $25-$35. It has volume, treble, bass, and overdrive controls. It also has a headphone jack and one input. Although it is a small amplifier at 12 watts, it will still provide a very large amount of sound. While offering plenty of volume, it is still very light and small making it very nice for traveling.

ArekuuHachi
    I have a G-10. When I first got it, I was surprised at the volume it had, for the size it was.