Megatone T64RS review by Fame

Fame: Megatone T64RS

I use to play with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. The amp isn't noisy at all. Only when the reverb is on maximum level it starts to buzz. You can put the clean channel on high volumes but it stays nice and clean. Because there is a tube in the pre-amp you get a little tube sound, but not that real tube feeling. But I don't think that's strange for this price.

When you play rock/funk/blues, this amp is pretty good in combination with a blues overdrive and Wah-Wah pedal. When you play metal or something like that, I would buy an Amp with bigger speakers. This amp only has four 8" speakers. If it were stolen I would buy it again because it has a good quality for it's price. You need to get some pedals for this amp. After a week you get bored by it's clean sound. I bought a Wah-Wah pedal and a blues overdrive pedal with the amp. I like it that it comes in two colors, red and black. I picked the red one cause it looks good in my bedroom. I compared it with 3 other amps. Fender Frontman 210R, Spider III and Marshall MG 30 DFX. I picked this one because it has a nice sound even on higher volumes. I forgot to buy a footswitch, now I have to Switch channels by hand.

This amp always sounds good so I would take it on a gig. It has never broken down since I bought it. I would't use it in big rooms, only at school or on a birthday party. The only thing I don't like about this amp is it's warming up time. But that's normal with a tube-amp.

This amp is a mini halfstack with an integrated tube in the pre-amp. It has two channels, a clean channel and a gain channel. It also has a reverb spring. There is a CD-player input and a headphone output. It has the possibility to connect it with PA. With it's 65 Watts it is more than enough for your garage/bedroom. I use it to play rock/funk and it's pretty good for that sort of music. It isn't very big so it fits nicely in your bedroom.