57 Mini Twin review by Fender

Fender: 57 Mini Twin

I am using a Fender Telecaster on it and it suits my music style really well which is Jazz, Blues and sometimes Indie rock and regular rock. It seems versatile but I do not play metal and stuff so how would I know? I am sure it would be alright because the clean breaks up after 3 or 4 which is the standard with the mini amps and goes into sort of a bluesy crunch then after 6, you can go into more brutal stuff but we can't forget about the gain knob which can make it even more brutal. And amazingly the tone knob actually shapes the tone!

I think this amp rocks for what it is needed for but like I said it is not a gigging amp! I use an Epiphone Valve Standard for that which is 15 watt All tube and plug it into a Kustom Sienna 60 for an extra bit of good ss power like I said it suits me perfectly and there is nothing I would want more! if it was lost I would buy a new one easily and maybe start a collection of mini amps!

Well, this is a fully functioning toy! A good toy maybe but a toy nonetheless and you will not be able to gig with it even if it is mic'ed but it is great if you are in a music class at school and the other asshole guitarists nick the bigger amps or playing by yourself in a room. it is fantastic.

Features two 3" speakers, 1 watt of solid state power, runs off a single 9v battery or a power supply. Dimensions: 170 x 130 x 75 mm. Also has 1/4" guitar input jack and a 1/4" headphone jack. The amp has 4 very cool mini-chicken head knobs: volume, tone, drive, on/off. This version (the '57 Mini Twin) has a "wooden" cabinent covered in real tweed, whereas the mini Twin has a plastic cabinent, or so I believe. The "wood" is just chipwood, but it's wood never-the-less. Other very cool features include a Vintage looking speaker cloth and a real leather handle with metal handle ends. This amp looks stunning, the attention to detail is superb and I would have been happy to pay $50 just to have this thing sitting on my desk as a novelty/ornament. But amazingly, it actually plays! It has 1 channel (as if you would even expect more) that can be nicely overdriven, but more on that later.

lukemtesta
    Got this from andertons today for £32. When the thing came out I was shell shocked. It's so beautiful! It is literally a downscaled Fender reissue blues deluxe! It even has the chassis made from tweed! Appearance and sound is fantastic. It produces a bright mid-range response (as expected from a 1W amp). The clean channel can be maxed with minimum drive near to no clipping. The drive is more of a fuzz, which sounds questionable at high drives. But man this thing is real loud!
    Doobergn
    What the hell is the point of saying you are first second or third when you aren't gonna contribute anything to the review you ****ing retards.....And is this amp available at Guitar Center yet?
    embryoniccell
    I have a Marshall MS-2 mini amp and I am very impressed by it and quite frankly it is very cheaply made. It is made of plastic for the most part, but the 1 watt and single speaker is pretty loud and has some tone to it, although tin like in nature. The fender looks to be a better mini amp, just on the looks of it and the attention to detail. It is also a bit less expensive than my Marshall was, by about 5 bucks. Might have to check one out!
    Panasonic3
    aparantly the fender is a lot better than the marshall. i know they sell them at sam ash music. i almost got a tiny amp, but i got a tiny made-in-china guitar for less, but i think i mad a mistake. that amp would be great if your chillin in your room or just walking around the house annoying people. great buy if you have money to spend, just dont save up for it.
    Tele.Player.92
    true, note that the fender 57' Mini Twin is wooden rather than plastic and that is why I picked it up over the rest, for its durability!
    Tele.Player.92
    and also, the stupid arseholes nick the amps at school (50 watt Vox Valvetronix and 2 behringers)as I said and the tone that the mini twin can get can at times be better
    The_guitarist
    Yeah, this guitar is available at guitar center. You can check it out at guitarcenter.com Anyway, I bought it as my first amp, and maybe I just can't appreciate it, but I expected more. It's still pretty good tho.
    neptune1988
    I would get this, but I'm already getting a Fender Super Champ, so this would be superfluous really. But yeah, its nice for what it is.
    tom_martin_123
    Ro734
    yeah this is EPIC better than that marshall shite turn up drive to 12 and hold by ur pickups and it even feeds back amazing :O
    Ro734
    tom_martin_123 wrote: wow this thing looks cool lol. Is it valve? and how louddoes it go (obviously not very) but is it loud enough for bedroom practicing for instance?
    not valve, but loud enough to be heard over a drum kit and a bassist =)
    aaroncaper
    just got it todayi love mine. i run it with a cool cat pedal for the gain and leave the amp on clean (i think it sounds better)5*