'65 Deluxe Reverb review by Fender

Fender: '65 Deluxe Reverb

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I play this amp through my SRV signature and it couldnt be a better combination. I mostly play blues and blues/rock. If you want to get crystal clear tones I would highly recomend this amp. I would also recomend this for use with a Fender guitar. This amp has a little noise when the vibrato is turned on but besides that it is very quiet. The clean channel remains clean with that natural tube break-up at higher volumes which most musicians desire.

This is a perfect amp for blues and anything where you need a clean sound. As I am more rock based I will inevitably get my Marshall TSL for the distortion aspect but I would split amps and run this for the cleans. Marshall will never have the cleans of a Fender amp and that is why I chose this one. I have had no problems with this amp and love the vibrato & reverb channel. The only thing I don't like is that this amp suits only one style, but it suits that style very very well.

This would be the perfect gig amp. I believe I could strongly depend on this amp for live performances. The team at Fender did an awesome job on this reissue. I baby this thing and it takes care of me when I play it.

This is a 2005 model and it was purchased in April. This amp has the most crystal clear cleans I have ever heard. This is a two channel amp, clean & vibrato. It comes with a footswitch to enable or disable the vibrato or reverb. I use every feature this amp has to offer. At times I wish it had a distortion channel to switch on like a Marshall when I am playing softly but I am running a Boss BD-2 for that purpose. This is tube amp with 22w and a 12" speaker. This is perfect when I go to open mics and really can scream.

AGL23
    I was going to buy this amp...but I didn't want to throw a grand at an amp that will only play clean sounds. I'm starting on the blues but I do want more than that. BUT having played this thing: the clean, crisp sound is amazing!
    goldtop26
    Im gonna buy it and hook it up with that new 59 Bassman Boss pedal to get the overdrive I want. Its 150 bucks but thats not bad considering the added edge you're getting.
    geluidsterroris
    was going to buy this amp...but I didn't want to throw a grand at an amp that will only play clean sounds. I'm starting on the blues but I do want more than that. BUT having played this thing: the clean, crisp sound is amazing! try an 85 deluxe
    dlyubas
    listen, if you crank this amp up, you get the PERFECT grunge/alternative sound there ever was. and it gets LOUD, perfect for small to medium gigs
    jamescc
    FunDunn
    get a distortion pedal the great thing about fender amps is they provide a perfect clean tone a as platform to build tone on with pedals
    shaunems
    jamescc wrote: does anyone know if this is good for garage rock?? cause i play that as well as bluesy things?
    for garage rock youll wanna get yourself a pedal. but for blues this amp is perfect.