'65 Deluxe Reverb review by Fender

Fender: '65 Deluxe Reverb

It's used exclusively with a Strat, and it is very bright. For surf, this is the best amp, along with the twin and super. It has no feedback. It can do perfect surf, awesome blues and rock, country, and '50s rock. Once it gets to 5, it starts breaking up with the sweet tube overdrive. The overdrive is thick enough to play some ACDC, but I plan on buying an OD, just to save the tubes, and for when I can't crank it, which does cause a headache after a while.

This is perfect for surf and blues. If it was stolen, I would stalk the person who stole it and torment him, JK, I would hunt him down though. The only difference between this and the Super is the headroom. The Deluxe's 22 watts are 78% as loud as the Super, basically, except for the lower heardroom, they're the same. However, this amp is 20 pounds lighter, and it has one speaker, but it's a great one.

I would gig without a backup, mostly because I don't have one, but I probably wouldn't anyway. It's never broken down, and the tube guard on the back protects it from direct hits. The reason I gave it a 9 is because the tube guard is kind of flimsy, however, it would take like a direct kick to break it.

This is a new 2008 amp, but it sounds like an original. Basically, this amp can do surf perfectly, blues that'll make you cry, or classic rock that'll make you jump. It also does country add an OD or distortion and it does metal perfectly. It has two channels, normal which has better bass response, and Vibrato, which is brighter and more trebly. I use it for bedroom practice, which I can barely turn it up to 3. At a gig, it can be used, and I was a bit concerned about the headroom, but when the reverb is cranked, it sounds very clean. It runs on two 6V6s, two 12AT7s, and 4 12AX7s.

GoodCharlotte92
    my friend is buying one of these from some guy in my guitar class. the reverb is broken, but thats fixable. especially since hes only payng $100 for the thing hehehe
    greasemonkey55
    i have an all orginal '65 Deluxe, but i can tell it's not playing to its full potencial. the speaker's 43 years old, the tubes are about half that, and the caps...who the heck knows? any idea wut could help it sound better by either replacing one or all of what i mentioned?
    bullets34
    I really don't get why people knock the drive this amp produces. Les Paul + good overdrive -> DR = Heaven. Just gorgeous sweet silky overdrive.