'65 Deluxe Reverb review by Fender

Fender: '65 Deluxe Reverb

Price paid: € 1248

Purchased from: Thomann

I use a Fender Mark Knopfler guitar with texas special pickups in it and it sounds perfect! The amp sounds exactly the same as Knopfler's Tone King! I play most of the time Mark Knopfler with the fingerpicking technique and it is absolutely wonderful! I hear no difference. I also play Pink Floyd, SRV, CCR, Eric Clapton and many more! The amp always sound good. I found out that the standard Deluxe Reverb reissue sounds cold, shrill and harsh. This one with the P12Q speaker sounds perfect. If you have played 100 hours + the speaker becomes better and better. Absolutely no cold, shrill or harsh sound, just like the original which I have tried. The amp is not noisy at all but if you have the vibrato on it makes a little noise but not much. You can play every music style (except metal) and it will sounds always good. The amps stays clean until volume 5 and then it becomes a different amp. A smooth and perfect overdrive sound. At higher volume (7 +) it becomes a little harsh. This speaker sounds best at low/medium volumes (until 6) For the Floyd sound I use a Okko Diablo pedal and this combination is perfect! For a good impression I recommend to listen to Gregor Hilden on Youtube. For fingerpicking (ala Mark Knopfler) I set the treble at 5, 5 bass at 6, 5, volume 4, 5 reverb 0 and use my Boss DD7. For stuff with a pick usually I set the treble at 3, 5, bass 5, 5 and reverb at 3.

I'm 17 and I am playing guitar since I was 6 years old. I have got also 2 acousic Gibsons. If you have to perform on stage I recommend to use a good microfoon and you always have a good sound. I am very happy with my amp and I never sell it. If you want that glassy Fender tone, this is the amp. Many people are looking for their own perfect tone that they will never found. If you like the old Fenders but you can' t afford them, this is the deal!

I have bought it in February 2011 and since then it has never broken down. I play every guitar at home and every week I have to practice with my band. It' s just a perfect amp.

This amp came in Wine Red with a different speaker than usual (Jensen P12Q). Wonderful amp! If you play this amp, you go back to the 60's! It has such a beautiful sound in it. It has 2 channels (normal and vibrato) with volume, bass, treble and on the vibrato you' ve got also reverb and vibrato. It' s a tone monster and excepts pedals excellent (Boss DD7 and Okko Diablo).

Leep_dog
    Just got one of these bad boys and it is absolutely awesome. Amazing tone.
    zeeter3
    I just bought one of these babies used. The previous owner replaced the stock speaker with a Jensen p12n, so there's a 50W speaker in there rather than a 100W. Whoever said this thing doesn't take pedals well hasn't played it long enough to fine-tune the pedals to match the amp. I run a BD2 and a FuzzFace through it and it not only sounds incredible, but there is absolutely no noise whatsoever. The only issue I had was a hiss with a compression pedal, but that is inherent to compression pedals and has nothing to do with the amp itself. I play blues and classic rock and this amp is perfect for my means. The saddest part of it all is that my local guitar shop is going to lose a lot of business as I stop going in there for so much stuff to help my sound. It can't get any better with this. Cleans are great. I like to get a bit of a chime through it and it does that perfectly. Great tone IF you play it right. You have to play the amp; it's not going to magically make you a better player and solve world peace. You play to the amp's strengths, of which this has many. Overdriving the amp gives a great blues tone. On mine it starts to break up at around 5 and by 7 I'm clearly in overdrive. Still, playing at 4 gives out a lot of sound. Also, for some who don't like this amp, it does take some time to break in the speaker. I was fortunate in buying it used in that the speaker was already broken in.