700 ROC PRO review by Fender

Fender: 700 ROC PRO

Purchased from: MDM

I am using a Washburn WI200 with EMG pickups with it. It is perfect for the styles that I play, when needed the distortion setting will destroy any Justin Bieber fans ears. It is very quiet when not being played, but when played it will melt your ears, the sheer volume this amp is capable of is ridiculous. It has a pretty diverse sound system, you can noodle around with the settings a lot and create new, original sounds. The clean channel is like an angel, it wont crack up at loud volumes and will turn even the blackest of hearts into gold. For how brutal the distortion is: Imagine a buffalo, then imagine 5000 more buffalo's stood behind it, then imagine each one of those with a freakin' machine gun. That brutal.

I play metal, it is a very good match. The awesome sound and volume is perfect for any metalhead, well, it's perfect for anyone. Seriously, this amp is AMAZING. I have been playing 8 years and own loads of stomp pedals, 4 amps and 4 guitars. If it were stolen/lost I would certainly buy it again. I love the whole concept of it, it looks great, it sounds great, it is great. The only slightly bad thing as mentioned earlier is the need for a headphone jack input. I'll say it again, if you want to buy this amp but are not sure whether to get it screw your second thoughts and buy. This amp is a god.

I can defiantly depend on it, it's been going 15 years without fault. It can handle a gig. I would not use it at a gig without backup, but that is not to do with the amp itself. Just in case something falls on the amp or something. It has never broken down, and I doubt it will for many more years to come.

I do not know what year it was made, the guy, Mick who I bought it off said it was made in 1995 but he refurbished it. It is versatile enough to play many different genres, I mostly play really heavy stuff but when I'm feeling chilled I can Switch to clean and it sounds like a dream.It comes with a foot pedal which you use to Switch between overdrive and clean, it can also add in Reverb. On clean setting it has Treble, Middle and Bass. On Overdrive it has Gain, Treble, Middle and Bass. The only feature I wish it had is a Headphone jack input. But I normally use a smaller, quieter amp for practice so that does not really matter. I use this amp when I am performing, it is 200 watt so is perfect for that.

jeffo46
    I just got one of these yesterday from a guy on Craig's List dirt cheap. Mine is a 1996 model that's in NM condition and I love it. I think it's the best sounding solid state combo that Fender has ever put out. If you ever come across one of these, pick it up you won't regret it. The gain on it, is the best that Fender has ever had.
    sberube1979
    MaggaraMarine
    sberube1979 wrote: It's a Hybrid Amp, which means it's a solid state amp with a 12AX7 tube in the preamp. It sounds better than a solid state, more substance to the distortion. I just bought one of these on ebay. I owned the Roc Pro 1000 Head but sold it because it was too loud for my small house. I am planing on using this to run stereo effects with my JCM 600.
    "Better than a solid state..." There are many solid state amps. You can't really say that something sounds better than a solid state. The sound might not have anything to do with the tubes inside the amp. And different solid state amps sound different. There are expensive good quality SS amps like Roland JC120 that many professional guitarists use. You could say that it's better sounding than any solid state you have tried. But basically this amp is closer to solid state than tube. It only has one pre amp tube which isn't doing that much. In high gain amps there are usually five pre amp tubes or something. So most of the pre amp distortion is solid state. And all of the power amp distortion is solid state but I doubt you will get any power amp distortion with a 200 watt amp because it's gonna be damn loud if you crank it. And that's one of the reasons why solid states are high wattage. You don't want solid state power amp distortion. Good examples are OD and distortion pedals. Almost all of them are solid state and many people use them. So you can get a good sound also without tubes.
    MaggaraMarine
    when needed the distortion setting will destroy any Justin Bieber fans ears
    This shouldn't be said in a review. It doesn't give a good picture of you. I know it's a joke but still. This Justin Bieber thing is just exaggerated.