Blues Deville Reissue review by Fender

Fender: Blues Deville Reissue

This amp produces a rich, warm tone that the tweed series of old is known for. Great for Classic Rock, Blues, and Country. The Hot Rod Deville, the Blues Deville's younger brother can put out a more gain-filled tone that is sure to grind the teeth of anyone standing in the front of any venue, while the Blues Deville has a more crunchy overdriven sound to it. However, if you put any distortion pedal in front of it, the amp will put out like any hi gain halfstack. (Hardwire TL-2 is my personal choice for complete tonal customization)

All in all the Fender Blue Deville 410 reissue is a great amp that is capable of putting out the tone you want at the volume you need it. I would recommend this amp to all who want Vintage tones, but want to be capable of a more modern sound through the use of pedals.

I depend on the Blues Deville as my gigging amp of choice. I have never had a problem with it and I keep it in good repair. You respect this amp and treat it with care it will sing for you.

The looks of the amp are great for those who love the look of tweed and the classic construction of amps. The enclosure is wrapped in a yellow tweed and the control interface is a polished chrome sporting "chicken head" knobs. The function notations above each are etched upside down, true to the old styled look. The Blues Deville is a 60 Watt powerhouse that is directed into four 10 blue Alnico-Magnet Eminence speakers. which are powered by two 6L6 output tubes and three 12AX7 preamp tubes. This amp can put out a floor-shaking volume when dialed to a low volume setting. I was able to shake my house at one and a half on the dirty channel. There is No Doubt this amp can be heard. The only built in effect is Fender's Spring Reverb unit insalled stock. The footswitch that comes with it can control the on and off function of the unit.

'93
    judederrickmoore
    Im thinking of getting one of these Blues Deville 410 in blonde tweed second hand and I can't tell you how excited I am to be a potential owner of one. I've always wanted one from the Fender Deluxe or Deville range but alas too expensive for me at any particular time. Trouble is, I'm going to be predominantly using this at home and in a public rehearsal space and like with all tube amps in the 30w plus range they are very loud. The second hand amp does come with an attenuater included, but my question is, can I get a warm, bluesy overdrive with the attenuater and not p**s off my neighbours? For rehearsals it will be fine but I worry about the sheer loudness of it stopping me from getting the sound out of it I want whilst at home. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    onscenenow
    I've had my 93 4x10 Deville for years and I love it. The sound is stellar when its clear and dirty as I want with pedals. Reverend-Me, I know your post is a couple years old but you really ought to check the name on the amp in your practice room before you slam it. If it is a Deville maybe the Deville just isn't for you. If it isn't a DEville, at least slam the right manufacturer. Fender isn't the only loud tweed amp out there. If its too loud, a volume box or pedal plugged into the pre-amp in/out circuit will make it a fine bedroom or small bar amp. Yea, its heavy, but its a great sounding amp no matter where you play it.
    Bronchick
    Got this second hand from a guitar store. Too loud!! But, I put a THD Hot Plate Power Attenuator and it tamed it right down. With the first channel on about 4 it breaks up nice, a gritty tube sound that sounds great with my strat, Gretsch or LP. If you play live the hot plate is a MUST, otherwise you can't turn it up enough to get the sound you need.
    MaggaraMarine
    Hey, it says "blues" on it's name so what do you expect? It's not designed to do high gain stuff. It's made for blues! The hot rod version is a bit more high gain if I have understood right. But it isn't a metal amp either.
    axeslinger13
    "well...it's a Fender tube-amp!!!...What more can you say??? Even Jim Marshall copied it's circuits in the beginning...now that's saying something! If you can't respect a Fender,then you really don't know much about classic amplification.PERIOD!....DAVID,HALIFAX,CANADA...
    Jk1970
    I've got one of the original run of these Deville's (I think from memory it's a '95 model) and it's a great amp for blues and rock 'n' roll. Plug in a Tele tuned to open G and you're in Keef heaven seriously! It's true that it's not ideally suited to high gain type stuff, but I run mine in tandem with my '81 model JCM800 half stack for that sort of stuff and you've got to hear how well they combine to believe it!
    axejam123
    DeVille 4x10 ftw This amp is absolutely stellar. I have the black finish (kinda wish I had the blonde, it is SO nice, but whatever) and it is an absolute monster when you need it and a subtle croon when you bring it down. I use a crybaby original, boss mega-distortion, boss overdrive/distortion, ge-7 equalizer for solo boost, and a morley little alligator (in that order) with a modified epi lp plus, mod fender strat, and ibanez rg250 and it can literally be any type of amp I want.
    MG_Sora
    '93 wrote: Reverend-Me wrote: I'm not sure if it's the same amp that I think it is, but it looks a lot like the one in my bands practice area( well public practice area you can borrow), and I seriously hate that amp with a passion so huge that there's no scale to measure it with. You can only get an okay clean on it, you can't get very much distortion( as an example, the most distortion we can get from it is enough to do Layla by Eric Clapton. And my friends plays through a Les Paul) and it's just annoying in so many ways, you can never get a proper sound( we've gotten lucky once though). I'm not sure they are the same, but that amp deserves less than a spider III in my universe( where you poop rainbows and have amps that can make.. good sound) please tell me your not trying to use a fender amp for some really high gain stuff
    That wouldn't surprise me to be honest.
    Reinvented Hero
    oxymorcide wrote: 9,10,10,10....wtf??
    Yes, I gave it the score I felt it deserved. I have been through several amps and this is the only one that I have fallen in love with. I have played with it for a long time and i can get any sound I want out of it, it has never broken down, and it looks great to boot. I'm sorry if you disagree, but this is MY review. no ill intentions, just try to be more kind in your words. I know that is hard, but it's not too much to ask. Thanks for the complements all, and the criticism. Any constructive feedback is welcome.
    stratomaster123
    Wow. That is pretty harsh. If you truly can not find a decent sound on that amp you must be using it wrong Excellent review by the way.
    Reverend-Me
    solomoncowan
    Maybe they have a damaged amp or tubes. This is one of my favorite amps out there. Is ridiculously loud and clean. It can get really crunchy too. No this is not going to get you metal distortion just by itself (no fender amp will), but all you would have to do is buy an 80 dollar pedal if you want distortion. And almost anything is better than a line 6. Please go home
    charvel1124
    cws92 wrote: I have the Hot Rod Deville 4x10 and it is the last amp I will play. My tone is right where I want it and it is loud. I play a Boss ME-70 through it with either a standard tele, strat or epi paul - all sound different but, all sound sweet! The Blues Deville has that SRV sound when cranked and is also a great amp.
    agreed. great amps