Blues Junior review by Fender

Fender: Blues Junior

Purchased from: eBay

I'm using an Agile ST-802 with Tex-Mex pickups, and an Epiphone Vintage G-400, my pedals are an Electro-Harmonix The Wiggler, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, and I just recently purchased an Electro-Harmonix Graphic Fuzz (if you can't tell I'm an Electro-Harmonix fanatic). Sounds great with both guitars and with my pedals, and is a perfect combo for blues and classic rock. The clean is unbelievable sounding, crystal clear, and bright, and sounds amazing when the volume is turned up (great tube break-up sound). It has a little bit of hum, but I'm sending it in to Bill Machrone to get his hum cancelling mods and various other mods I want, I should be sending it in before the end of this year. I just can't let this thing go right now, I love it too much. Giving it an 9 because of the hum, but it's not that bad, just a slight hum.

Great for blues, and classic rock, and versatile enough for other styles of music, but this is what I mainly play so. Been playing about 7-8yrs now, I own a Traynor YCV40T 2x10 and I'll tell ya' if this little monster was 25 watts more powerful, it would blow my Traynor out of the water. I love it that much. If it were stolen I'd buy a new one in tweed then I'd hunt down the scum sucking ass-monkey that stole it so I can have 2 of them. I love how loud this little thing is for 15 watts, I was very surprised about that. My favorite thing about this amp though is the natural tube break-up, it's so sweet. The only thing I don't like, or wished it had was a standby Switch, and perhaps a tremolo effect, but that's why I bought the wiggler. 8 because of the lack of features, and standby switch. Try this amp, you won't be disapointed.

I've had it for about a month now, and put a lot of hours in it already. Seems like it's built like a tank, very sturdy. Haven't had any problems with it whatsoever, hopefully I won't ever have a problem (knock on wood). I would definately gig with it(if I ever get a gig) without a backup, but only if it's a small venue, if I ever do a big one I would use my Traynor YCV40T. Giving it a 5 because it's too early to tell if I'll have any problems with it further on down the road. But I'm very confident it will last a very very long time.

'05 model made in mexico, all tube, 2 EL-84's, and 3 12AX7's. This amp is pretty versatile (except if you play metal), but it really shines when playing blues/rock, and classic rock. It's called Blues Junior for a reason. 3 band EQ, Volume, and master to control overdrive. Fat switch for boost. Could have really used a stand-by Switch though. I'm using it for a bedroom/practice amp, it has more then enough power for my situation, way more then expected. 7 for lack of features and stand-by switch.