Blues Junior review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Fender: Blues Junior

For blues or pop rock, this amp is great. For punk, hard rock & metal, forget it! There is not much noise though, but the clean channel gets a little distorted if the volume is too high. The sound isn't very vaiable, because the equalizers don't affect the sound much enough. The sound may be great for other guitarists, but I give it a 4 because it doesn't fit my style.

I didn't like this amp at all. The sound is not my style, the clean channel isn't clean. I am glad I don't own this amplifter at all. I do not reccomend it to any hard rockers at all. The Laney HCM15R or the Marshall MG15CDR is a much better choise and is both more cheaper and have better distortion. The Marshall does even have digital effects, so skip this amplifter!

I won't use it in a gig because of the sound, but it has never broken down when I practice. The wires are well wired and ther is no squeeking when carrying the amp around. The knobs is solid placed on the amp. The tubes seems to be solid, so it's dureable after all.

I don't actualy own this amp, but I have used it on a local club where I am practising with my band. The Blues Jr features two channels, clean & fat. In the name, it says Blues Junior, and that's what it's blues it is made for. Since I play mostly hard rock and punk, this amp doesn't fit my style of music. When I play Jimi Hendrix, the amp is nice if I turn the gain to 12. There isn't too much difference between the clean and fat channels, so fat just give a little more boost. This amp is 15-watts, but it sounds like a 50-watt amp. There is almost weird that this little bastard can produce so much sound. I wish there was more Marshall tube feeling in the overdrive sound.

Dom5412
    We can all disregard the third review. Recommending a MG...tsk tsk.
    imdwalrus
    The third review is a joke. The name "Blues", as everyone should know, is not going to give you a hard, punk rock sound. It doesn't deserve a 4 because the only genre it can't do happens to be yours.
    CorkHunter
    well duh mr. review number 3 even the name of the amp has the word blues in it
    mangaka82
    Jaguarman
    mangaka82 wrote: besides, if you push a distortion pedal through it, it'll give you the sound your looking for
    He's right. I've used this amp a couple of times and with the right pedals, you can get a nice bluesy crunch or even tight hard rock tones if you want
    phat104u
    Der Bomber wrote: Can you connect it to an external speaker?
    Yeah, it's got an 8ohm speaker out - no headphone out though - kinda dissapointing. But hey, it's a tad more serious than a little 6" IC practice amp. It gets loud enough, what do you need the headphone jack for...