Blues Junior review by Fender

Fender: Blues Junior

Fender Standard Stratocaster Made in Mexico with Fender Hot Noiseless Pickups. These are great combos. Strat through a Blues Jr, you can't have enough. Creamy saturation, with enough sustain, but the volume rolled off gives me such a clean sound with the preamp volume at 12. Breaks up ver ynicely. It really suits my Mid-Gain Blues addiction, and I have a Marshall DSL401 to do higher gain. This amp is dead quiet when I have the Volume off on my guitar. I have every setting on 12 except reverb at 3. Makes awesome sound for my genre, but not so much more. And to answer the last question, no, the distortion isn't brutal at all. And to add, this little beat is loud. You can't figure it's only rated 15watts. It has to be a 30watt or more for this loudness.

I play Mid Gain blues, and it's a perfect match. I've been playing for 2~3 years, and I have a Marshall DSL401 Combo for higher gain classic rock stuff. People want the footswitch for the fat Switch, but there's no need. You wouldn't turn off the fat Switch. If it was stolen, first I would get another one, then order the Speakers I have right now. I love the fact that it has such sweet tone out of a little 15watt $400 amp. and the 15watt is LOUD. It owns my 40watt Marshall.

It's a very nice amp. I would definitely use it without a backup. It never broke down, but I went through some bad ones before I got this one. I bought a new speaker for this baby, a Weber 12F150, and it's nice. it gives really nice agressive mids, with the pick attack slightly accentuated, warm treble, and tight bass. I haven't replaced tubes yet, but I don't think I would for another year or so.

Amp was made in early '07, bought in april. I play Blues~Classic Rock type of genre. I dig the sound of this amp, kind of voiced like a Fender Bassman in a way. Single Channel, very nice for me and my 70's mentality. The "Turn down the volume to decrease distortion" thing. I use every knob. I mean every knob. The Volume is cranked, TMB are all at 12, and the splash of reverb at 3. Master Volume is most of the time at 12, with my Weber Attenuator, and it delivers some creamy saturation. I play this amp everywhere. Home, Jam Sessions, Practices, and Gigs. It's enough for all. It has 3 - 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 2 EL84 (6BQ5) poweramp tubes.

Jimirocks
    Hi every1 i have just bort this 2nd hand for 250 and its mouth watering lovely buttery sounds added with my gibson les paul just blows it away ... also DISTORTION - i use a Boss ds1 pedal great predal only 40 but can give you a sound no less than what u'd get from a marshall ty. AMAX