Blues Junior review by Fender

Fender: Blues Junior

Price paid: C$ 575

I use two guitars through this amp, a Fender Standard MIM Strat and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's. I used to play solely blues but I moved onto hard rock as I always loved and this amp does justice in that area. I run a total of 6 pedals through this, them being a Line 6 Echo Park, MXR Phase 90, MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Ibanez TS9, Ibanez TS7 and a Dunlop Original Crybaby wah. I use the wylde overdrive as my main rock tone and I have the Blues Junior with the volume set on 7 with the master wherever and with this I get an amazing beautiful punchy crunch. I use the two tube screamers for either boosting solo's or for blues tones. This amp handles pedals like a motherf--ker(in a good way).

This amp is pure gold to me. It suits my genre perfectly and I enjoy playing much more when I'm using this amp. I've been gigging with this amp for about two years and other than the time I blew it up its been fine(I've also blown up two tubescreamers) But overall if this amp was stolen I'd find the bastard who took my amp and gitter back! But I'd buy it again if needed.

well unfortunately mine just blew up about three weeks ago and I'm just in the process of getting it back. The reason it blew is because I was gigging with it and I had it cranked up to 12 for about three hours so it gave way. But in terms of all the times I gigged with it before that it worked perfectly, no malfunctions at all. So other than this one incident its been great.

Mine was made in 2007, bought it in 2008. It's a fairly versatile amp in my books. It shines in terms of blues and rock type genres. It's got one channel with fairly standard controls like reverb, master volume, bass, treble, mids, volume, and a fat switch. In terms of the fat switch its like a mid boost with the slightest grit to it. I have gigged with it, mainly being put through the P.A. System. I gigged with it a couple times in small venues without being miced up and it did alright, I had to have it on 12 the whole gig. It's a great tube amp for studio use and live use to some extent.

vs10323212
    I got this amp about a month ago. I frekin love it. the only thing i wish- that the numbers go to 10 (it goes to 12)