Blues Junior III review by Fender

Fender: Blues Junior III

Purchased from: Crazy Dave's Music

I am using a Fender American Special Telecaster with Texas Special pickups going into an Ibanez TS9, a Catlinbread Semaphore Tremolo, a Dunlop Hi-Gain Volume Pedal, and a Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Deluxe Delay. It can get a little noisy with unregulated power going into it and from standing really close to the amp. The amp gives amazing cleans (haven't found a tube Fender that didn't) and the breakup is nice. The distortion starts off subtle but with humbuckers it can get a little thick!

This amp is a great match for my needs and in the 4 years I've been playing guitar this amp is the best overall amp I've found. If it was lost or stolen I would go out the next day and buy me another! I really love the simplicity of the three band EQ, the volume, and the master volume! The reverb is really sweet too!

I would trust my life with this amp (yeah I know its a tube amp) but as for reliability, its never given up on me!

I bought this amp in November of 2011 as a Christmas gift to myself! So far it has been a great combo amp for small to medium gigs and such. I usually play Christian Rock and Classic Rock and both are handled well by this amp. The amp has one channel with a volume and master volume. It has no effects loop or a headphone jack (I wouldn't ever use a headphone jack on a tube amp but whatever) I would've liked for the Blues Junior III to have had an effects loop because I do run a few effects through the amp but its not a major problem just to go straight in. It's really just a no frills 15 watt tube combo.

andres.cervante
    I have this amp and i want to know what settings do i need to have a Stevie Ray Vaughan tone. I have a Mexican strat with Texas special pickups and a tube screamer if that helps.