Blues Junior NOS review by Fender

Fender: Blues Junior NOS

The amp is called a Blues Junior for a reason, it's just great for blues playing. I play a lot of Clapton, SRV, Hendrix and this amp is perfect for achieving their sound. The amp can get amazing cleans, by lowering the preamp, and tweaking the EQ. Most people steer away from buying a Blues Junior, because it's not well suited for distorted rock, or Metal. it's not meant to play those genres anyway, but I can deffinatly play some good 60's and 70's rock with the preamp up. Also, it takes effects really well. I own a Boss Chorus, and a TS9 Tubescreamer and the amp takes them extremely well. Good thing about the NOS model, is the Jenson speaker which to my ears has a better bottom end than the standard blues jr, I tried out at Guitar Center. Also, I'm playing it with an MIM Stratocaster. Strat + Blues Jr = Blues Heaven!

This amp is a match made in heaven for me. It's absolutly great for the Blues, and overall clean tones. If your like me and enjoy blues, jazz, and funk then this amp is deffinatly for you. Some people don't think buying the NOS model over the standard blues jr is such a good idea, I highly recommend going to your local music store and trying both out. For the extra $74, all you are getting is an upgraded Jenson speaker, with a tweed finish, but when I tried both out, I prefered the NOS. Yet, everybody has different opinions and preferences when it comes to amps, so as with any amp, you have to try before you buy.

I would gig with this amp, no questions asked. It is only a 12' speaker, but I would mic it if I needed too. Personally, with any tube combo amp, I'm very gentle as far as taking it anywhere, I'm sure if I dropped it, or banged it against the wall, it may cause some damage, but if you treat this amp with care you should be fine.

The Fender Blues Jr NOS is just an amazing amplifier. For features, the amp has 3 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 2 EL84 Grove Tubes for the output. Three Band EQ, with Preamp, and Master volume knobs. Also, the amp has a footswitchable "FAT" button, which is basically a treble boost for solos, and not to mention that sweet Fender reverb. The thing that sets the NOS model, apart from the standard Blues Junior is the upgraded Jenson speaker, and the classic Tweed finish. The amp is also rated at 15 watts, which is loud enough for me.

Gyzmoo
    I want one saving up! Finding it hard to find a NOS though, all I ever see are the standard black ones
    R0e
    Yeah Fender has stopped manufacturing them I believe. It was even harder for me, seeing as I lived in Canada. Try Ebay, I got an awesome one! The seller packaged it VERY carefully. Plus I got it pretty much brand new for lower than the market price...(price = 674, I got it for 530!)
    \m/, DylaN ,\m/
    Hey, im in Canada as well, i managed to get a hold of the NOS one and its the greatest amp ive ever had
    kill it
    i bought one of these about 6 months ago and prefered it's sound to the standard black one. for a small amp this thing kicks ass. with the right distortion pedal and humbuckers you CAN get a decent metal sound.