Champion 300 review by Fender

Fender: Champion 300

Purchased from: Axe Music

Well regarding sound I would have to make a list, I've played a whole lot through it, a Schecter 007, an ESP M-1000, an Ibanez RGT42DX, and I played a huge variety of styles, from Dream Theater, rush, pagans mind kind of proggy, to dragon force, night wish, Iron Maiden, Santana, Guns N' Roses, Creed, and everything is a big 10 to this amp suit my style so far (that is a whole lot of this mixed) the clean channel is impressive I crank that amp to the maximum and it delivers just a mellow buzz you don't notice unless you listen closely, the overdrive channel is really lousy, suits for really low (7 strings, low tuned) riffs, but also for a really bright solo if you play with the EQ a bit, the distortion is good, not excellent if you are looking for massive distortion try a Crate or a Messa instead.

I play mostly progressive rock, it works perfect for the gain because it's not excessive or too weak, the clean channel is so good it's unreal for the price paid, I've been playing for almost 6 years now and this is the best you can buy as a practice amp or band rehearsal amp, for a gig I like to go big so mostly I just rent a big stack and play through it. If this were stolen I would buy a new one right away or go bigger don't know, depends on my bank account. the best of this amp is the on light, big Red crystal in the front that impresses me when I play at night, it's so better than the square on switch. I wish it had separate FX control for each channel, or a little chip to save those settings. But I can't complain it's the best of the best in that price range.

In this field I don't have much to say since I have only had it for a little while, but it looks really sturdy, maybe if you don't take the proper care the front layer will rip open, or the dials may fall down if you don't treat them right but besides that it's really really sturdy, all is protected you can even put the power cord in a little Velcro holder in the back.

This SS amp is really really impressive for the price, I bought it to build up gear again since I moved and sold everything I had. I can play all I want with this, makes a really good practice amp or even you can use it on a small gig. Features 2 input jacks one for normal passive pickups and other for active pickups, a lot of dials so you can shape the sound as you please, making it darker for your metalish riffs or brighter for killer solos. Has also a digital sound processor which you could add a variety of effects, really good feature for the price, the effects go from vibratone to tremolo, reverb, delay, chorus, a flange; and you can even mix some of them that are pre-built in the dial, you can control with a dial the amount of processing you want. oh and a footboard input, and the so needed headphone jack.

ydx5224
    2months afer buying my champion 300 it stopped working. Fender apparently have had a lot of problems with this amp, and have now discontinued it, as well as all the repair parts. I have now replaced it with a Fender FM 210R which, im hoping will be better. I'll post a review of that when I get it!!
    bulbasaurkid
    when i bought this amp used, it sounded great, but then two weeks ago i bought a used les paul, and bam the amp when any distortion is used even froma pedal, it makes a horrible high pitched squeal,any help or info would be appreciated, so email me at bulbasaurkid@yahoo.com
    childofsin
    i have this amp. and it says on the back next to the power cord that it draws 90w. but everyone says its 30w. so how do i lose 2/3 of total power between the wall and the speaker?
    Edby
    My school has this amp. Due to stories of people's older brothers using the amp etc i'd make a guess that this amp has been used vigourously every day for about 10 years and still going fine!