Deluxe 900 review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe 900

Purchased from: meropoli music store

I had some lookalike P90 pickups and my guitar has only the bridge position pickup and it has a really nice clean tone with a distortion sound like nirvana or white stripes (the other one was broken and I removed it) but sometimes I place it on the neck position and I can easily play death metal or hardcore in this position but I'm more into the garage music. The drive is really usefull if you want some spank thru intro sound sound, and is better to use it with a distortion pedal (I have an Arion Sdi-1) is awesome, but when you use the + drive channel the feedback is anoying, and the sound is really weak, bur if you use it with the neck pickup, you have a really hardcore sound. My pickups are so noisy that sometimes ruin the tone cause you have to turn down treble or turn up bass, the problem with effects is that you can se reverb with all, so that make a really boring sound, chorus is pretty bad and exagerated and flange is really weak, the delay and the tremolo are really easy to use, the reverb is not very notorious but nice, and the vibratone is cool for making weird sounds. The filter timbers are sometimes useless except by the sqyawk, the scoop and the bright timbre

I play a lot of blues, grunge, classic metal, '50s rock, garage, punk, death metal, hardcore, funk and acoustic, but with ths amp sometimes I can't get a sound as closer to what I want especially with funk. I had an Encore P29 guitar, an alde Audio Ba-820, and a Arion Sdi-1 distortion pedal, the set is nice, but not the high '60s Fender quality, I tell you this cause my father owns a Fender bassman, the cabinet cover is fallinng apart, two knobs are not the originals, he has changed the tubes like 8 times since he bought it, and the sound is awesome, he plays it with a fuzzface and a Vox cry baby wah-wah with a '60s Fender Mustang (one of his uncles sell him all, except by the fuzzface and the wah-wah, in a really low price about 20 years ago), the fact is that he never let me touch all of his gear, wht a shame.

This amp looks really strong, on this I have no complains, I't has no tubes so it's really easy to take care of it.

Made in 2005, 3 chanels: clean, drive, +drive. 3 button footswith, for clean/drive, drive/+drive and FX on/off. It has no headphone jack, but I didn't bought it to use it with headphones, 90w of power in a 12' celeston premium speaker. It has a preamp input and output, 6 effects, reverb, chorus, flange, tremolo and vibratone, and effects combinations and variations like chorus+delay or reverb+delay, light or deep sweep flange or low or high speed tremolo, 3 types of delay: digital, tape echo and ducking. 7 timbre filters: flat (no further equalization), bright (treble boost), dark (treble cut), deep (bass boost), scoop (mega bass boost), squawk mid boost with a partially depressed wah-wah pedal and acoustic (high treble and bass boost) and timbre recall for each channel, chromatic tuner, three FX controls: level (volume), FX select, and time/rate.

kurt_isnot_dead
    something i forgot to say, the chromatic tuner sometimes goes crazy and is really hard tio use (only SOMETIMES, it might be the static)