Deluxe 900 review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe 900

Purchased from: guitar center

I use a knockoff Gibson SG as well as a Fender classic Strat. The SG has a bassier sound but that can be cutted out (if unwanted) using the timbre filters likewise you can give the Fender a less trble sound. There are endless combinations of distortion and clean settings. Some better than others but I have been able to find a great one for every style. The effects are all ones that I have practical uses for. Unlike some Vox amps which have some effects that you really never need to use.

Like I said before any style of music this amp can handle it. I have been playing guitar for three years. My first amp was a Crate xtr15 and I hated it. It allways broke down on me. I was so stoked to get this new amp and if it were stolen or lost I would buy it again. I love the versatility and reliability this amp provides. I would compare it to Vox modeling amps. Which are similar but more expensive even though they are about equal in tone quality. The effects on the Vox are stronger but the effects of the Fender have allways been more than sufficient for me.

I would, and have, used it at gigs without backups. This amp has never broken down on me or shown any signs of breaking down.

This is amp is last years amp that is why Guitar Center was trying to get rid of it for cheeper than the regular $480. I play just about every type of music from Jazz to Death Metal. And this amp can take what ever I dish out. It has three drive channels and comes with a foot switch. The foot switch also lets you switch between effects. Also it has a timbre selector that chenges the tone quality (from crunchy to acoustic) The foot switch remembers the seperate timbers you assigned to each channel. I have played several gigs with thisa amp and it has had plenty power. My one complaint would be that not all of the effects are possible to combine. For instance reverb and flanger.

phatsack
    I own this amp and used to use the distortion channel for my main sound, but realized after a while of playing that the feedback at high volumes and crappy thin distortion weren't worth it. Now I use a GNX3000 through the power amp in jack in the back(just power, not the amp's preamp) and this thing rocks. 90 watts to a 100 watt celestion!?!? perfect for an outboard preamp.
    DougPlays
    Just picked this up for $60 off Craigslist. No foot switch but I found one for another $60. I think for $120 total investment I've made the steal of a lifetime. Needs a little TLC but everything works.