FM 15 DSP review by Fender

Fender: FM 15 DSP

Purchased from: Rhapsody Music

There's more, too. It also comes with built-in effects. Yes, they're built-in, but no, they're not complete crap. You have your bypass (normal), delay, reverb, reverb+delay, chorus, chorus+delay, chorus+reverb, flange, and tremolo. Granted you can't alter the individual settings of each effect (meaning, for example, the depth of your chorus will always be the same, or the rate of your tremolo), but hey, for built-in effects, I'm not complaining.

This amp just sounds incredible. Though it's small and generally for practice, it'd definitely work great for practice sessions or even recording certain things. It's definiitely not for your gigs with hundreds of screaming fans, but at least it's something. This little baby's small, but she's amazing.

I've used this little amp for "gigs" (i.e. school concerts) without a backup, and it's been pretty reliable. I wouldn't 100% guarantee using it without a backup, but it's never crapped out on me before, so who knows, it might be completely reliable. I'm just so overly cautious about this kind of thing that maybe I'm only psychologically worrying about it shorting out or something. So, although it's never gone bad on me, I'm not going to say it never will. It just hasn't yet.

Two channels, a clean-tone channel and one capable of distortion; get a channel-selector pedal and you're golden (I've still yet to buy one, however). For now I have to push the tiny little white button in between the channel 1 volume knob and the gain knob; can you say "inconvenience"? But the tones on this amp are simply awesome. It comes with a different amp settings knob, which gives you a wide array of possible amp "sounds": acoustic, jazz, tweed, blkface, British, hot rod, and metal. And trust me, this comes in handy. I never thought there was a need for all of those different sounds, but now I can play so many styles through just one amp, it's amazing.

freebyrd32
    yeah the fact that theres no controling the effects sux. Your better off just buying a cheap p.o.d. type pedal and getting a bigger amp with just drive and reverb
    zeppelinpage4
    One of my friends just got one of these and brought it over today, needless to say I pleasntly surprised for a 15 watt Fender it sounded pretty good.
    Sendrith
    I have one and I am finding myself very pissed at it. Firstly no controlling the FX, as is stated above. Second, I get horrible breakup on the clean channel. If I want clean I have to use one of the Tweed or Jazz models. Third, the distortion is crap. I can't get any decent sounds out of it, on a variety of guitars, even after playing with the EQ for hours.
    jrockfan1
    i have this amp, it's ok for 15 watts but the distortion is really bad i would recommend a Boss DS-1 pedal to use if you don't like the distortion
    fender624715380
    i own this amp and i am very happy with it because it offers a wide variety of sounds without the need to go and buy lots of pedals.