FM 15 DSP review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Fender: FM 15 DSP

I use a cheap guitar with a humbucker and two single coil pickups on it and I would have to say I am fairly pleased with the sound I can get out of the amp with it. The guitar doesn't really suit my type of music (metal) so I was surprised at the great sound I was getting. The amp is fairly noisy on the metal distortion effect but it isn't too bad when you start playing. The amp has has a wide variety of amp tones available including Fender Tweed, Fender Hot rod, British combo, British stack, Jazz combo, Metalhead and Fender Blackface. The amp also has 15 on board effects including reverb, chorus, tremolo, delay and flange as well as combinations. The clean sound isn't distorted at high volumes and the distortion is heavy enough for metal but I wouldn't call it brutal.

I love to play metal so this amp matches that pretty well but also a wide variety of other styles too. This is my first amp and I have had It for over a year and I am still very happy with it. I am glad I brought this amp and I would probably get something very similar if I had to buy another one. I have no regrets buying this product. I love the fact that this amp has a wide range of amp types and effects on board because it wasn't very expensive. My favorite feature is the Metalhead effect because it sounds pretty cool. I really do wish it had a foot Switch for changing channels though. In conclusion if you don't want to go and buy a super expensive amp and pedals and you only play to very small crowds at a maximum then this amp is for you.

I think this is a pretty trustworthy amp as I have been playing it for over a year with no problems but I wouldn't use it at a gig simply because it wouldn't be powerful enough. The amp hasn't ever broken down because I treat it pretty well but if it had a bit of abuse thrown its way then it would probably break easily.

This is a great amp for me because it provides different sounds for me to play different styles of music. I mainly play metal music and it provides reasonable enough distortion to get the sounds I want. It has a clean channel and a channel that has various effects on it. It has a headphone jack for when you want to play by yourself and an auxiliary input for playing along to music. I wish this amp had a foot Switch to Switch between channels so you don't have to do it with your hand while you try to play. I don't play in front of anyone so the 15w of power is enough for me. But if you wanted to play at a gig you would probably need to go for something with a bit more power.