FM 210R review by Fender

Fender: FM 210R

I use it with all sorts of guitars, SGs, Teles and Strats and is outputs a good sound for all. The best is with a strat on the clean channel. The distortion tends to break up at high volumes but is good enough to use. The lean channel is the same but can take more. The amp is very loud and has 65 watts total power.

It's a good amp and in that price range it'll probably be the best. Loud sounding, good looking, versatile and adaptable. If it were lost or stolen I'd defiantly get another, it's a cracking amp and really does what it's there for. I used to own a Fender Deluxe DSP 90 and that was 350. Comparing them now you can't tell the difference except the FM210R is lacking with the digital on board effects. Other wise the sound and reliability is exactly the same. I'd defiantly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a first gigging amp or a better practice amp.

I got this about 5 months ago and in the second month it broke down. It was fixed straight away and haven't seen any problems since. The only thing that hos broken since is the red light on the front but that was my fault for smashing it by accident at a gig.

This amp was made in 2005 or 2004 as far as I know. I mainly use the amp as an advanced practice amp and for gigs. It's strong enough and loud enough to cope with an un-miked drumkit and in house PA system. It has 2 channels, the Fender clean channel and a Drive channel. The clean channel is 100% perfect and has that lovely Fender tone. The distortion on it is okay as long as you keep the Drive below 5 and the volume not turned up past 6. It is a solid state amp with 2 10 inch 'Sound tested drivers'. The format is good and packs the extra punch. You can also use an FX loop with it and it has the ability to output sound for recording. You can also use a 1 button footswitch with it but you have to buy it separately which is a pain.

Rokeman
    thankyou for posting a review on this amp! I own this amp as well, and i love the Fender tone. The amp distortion is good for real classic sounding rock, and i play my guitar through a EHX Metal Muff with this amp, which sounds awesome as well, because it doesn't change the sound of the Muff (or other effects) like some amps can do. good review and good amp! i'd recomend it, unless you want super heavy modern onboard distortion. other than that, great tone!
    flyingmarlin
    I have this amp, however my combo has two 15". I think it's worth upgrading to the dual 15". not bad for a first 'Big' amp. After this I would look into a valve amp.
    Weybl Himself
    The cleans on the FM series are great, really clear solid state cleanliness without being sterile. I own the FM65R, the 1x12 version of this and I still break it out for recording clean sounds every so often if I need a nice bright clean tone as opposed to the valve half stack I use live. I can't stand the distortion on it though, maybe it's just the audio engineer in me but I can't stand solid state overdrive. Lovely cleans though.
    Disturbdkornkid
    I have an older model of this amp and I enjoy it fully. It's as loud as it needs to be and then some, sounds great, though personally I don't care for the distortion on it and sometimes the feedback gets a bit out of hand but I still love it. Great review.