FM 212 DSP review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Fender: FM 212 DSP

Purchased from: Mary's Music

I mostly use the black face settings with a whammy and big muff so the other stuff when I mess around with it is alright. I play an Ibanez artcore through it and it sounds fine. Like I said before I'm not really experienced so I wouldn't really know what to tell you. I played artcores through actual models off many of the amps on this amp and the originals all sounded better. The gain is alright. The big thing with this amp is how increadibly loud it is. It dosent take much to send this thing up. I play in my small room and on porches and it sounds fine for what I need it to.

My guitar mentor and all around cool dude told me to get this amp. He has been playing 46 years. He told me this would be a fine for what I would be doing. So yea it's just a practice amp. I'd really love to get a 65 Twin Reverb if it didn't cost so much. I've only been playin about 2 years so I guess it's fine since I'm not giging. If I could do it again I'd save until I got enough for the 65. But overall it's fine.

Its fallin alot. And It still works so. The only problem is the knobs come off sometimes but yea that's usual I guess. It's pretty durable to have fallin so many times and gotten back up I suppose. And it's never screwed up as far as it coming on and coming through.

The amp has a single input and two channel selection. Mine came with a foot switch that's to change channels or turn the effects on or off. It's got gain, volume, treble, mid and bass selection (as we would hope) The amp all around seems Good. It has a seemingly wide array of amp types to choose from. 3 Black Face settings for Twin Reverb and old 60 Fender sounds. 4 "British" sounds which is my guess I suppose the first two could be based on Vox and the last two on Marshall. 2 Hotrod settings which in any case is more Fender. 2 metal which I suppose are for the Fender metal head series. 2 Acoustic settings which once again are based on Fender acoustic amps. 1 jazz setting that's a really beautiful clean when the equil is set just right. The last two amp settings are the hotrod settings which we also know is based on hotrods. That's it for the amp settings. Now the effects are alright I supose. I'm not really experienced enough to know any better but I know many of you will trash me in the comments for owning the amp. Anyway. It's got reverb, delay, chorus, flange, tremelo and some vib thrown in. Like I said it's alright. I'm just a hobbiest, though I wish I could find people who want to play my music, so I don't really gig or anything. I play bluesy rock to garage rock. Invasion stuff like the kinks and yard birds to mostly White Stripes so It works for me. it's got line out as well though I never use it

SiLvErStrAt
    I just got one. it's replacing a roland cube 60. i tried a few fender tube amps, and the FM 212 DSP had about every tone that a tube amp could get, (except like a Marshall stack tube amp from the 80's)
    xyran
    I know fender has only good stuff, but trust me, i've played with this amp a couple of times and it's more than horrible, forget about using it if you have an ibanez guitar like an AX or a RG series, sounds horrible when you have humbuckers...sorrym it's the truth..
    ciscometal
    I bought one recently, and its great.. the Clean amps sounds incredible, I have to say that i had to dig it a lot with the metal distortions, but finally find a great tone and I really like it, what I did was to roll down the EQ settings. The British amps sounds great too. I have an ESP LTD loaded with EMG 81s pick ups.. It really roars..
    warlockfan
    its true this amp has a variety of AMP types but they sound average to mediocre. The rock settings like hot rod and metal are too muffled. i have this amp and run it with an SG-400. my guitar's humbuckers make a clogged up sound. maybe it's best for single coils.