FM 212 DSP review by Fender

Fender: FM 212 DSP

Purchased from: Unsure

The amp is capable of many different sound and suits just about every genre. I play a lot of Rock 'n' Roll and the amp goes perfectly with my new Epiphone Les Paul Standard :) It produced a great meaty sound which just lasts forever and the distortion will blow you out of the room.

This amp is great for my Epiphone les paul standard. I mainly play Oasis, and the 4th British setting with around 4/5 gain is absolutley perfect for it. It gives out a meaty sound which makes me just want to keep playing and playing. Also with the output on this you could probably play to Glastonbury using only this! (I haven't actually played it on the full 10 volume yet, as I fear it may smash the windows). So it you are thinking of getting an amp for gigs and home use, GET THIS! And you will not be disapointed!

This is one of the most reliable amps to date. If gigging I would not require a back up as it is really tough and will not break. Is has been in use for a few years now and I have not had a single problem with it. I think that I will have this amp for years to come. VERY dependable.

This amp is one which can be used for many styles of music. It has 15 different settings ranging from Jazz to metal. Also it has 2 channels and comes with a foot pedal so you can switch when desired. The amp itself is 100 watts, meaning you will never be short on volume. It has a great sound as I usually play a lot of Oasis, and the 4th 'British setting on this amp is just perfect for it.

viper1000
    I bought one of these yesterday, and so far am really impressed, but the footpedal it came with is kinda weird. I have to have the effects on to use the second channel? That doesn't seem right. My friend/bandmate had a Marshall footswitch that has "Channel" and "DFX" pushbuttons on it. When I use that, it will switch channels.. but instead of the channels I have selected (such as a clean jazz on channel one with reverb and metal with delay on channel two) it gives me a different clean setting for channel one, then a louder, fuller version of that same sound for channel two. What gives? I bought the amp new on clearance, because it had cosmetic errors. All the other electronics are in perfect condition. Any help would be appreciated.
    kurt_cobain9
    I own this amp as well. Been a gigging work horse. Got this amp as a gift when my marshall quite working. I never did fix that marshall because this has been my work horse since. Had it since 2009 and it's been gigged heavy, apart from knobs coming off, i've never had a problem. I play a lot of Grunge, Punk and Metal. I use the 2nd Blackface setting as my dirty and the first acoustic setting as a clean. I get an amazing tone out of it. well worth the money.