FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: Newfoundban (local music store)

I am using a Washburn Dime V Dimebag Darrell Signature series guitar (RIP Dime) with Seymour Duncan pickups. I think it is the best for classic rock '80s. I paly a lot of AC/DC and the driber channel suits it very well. The amp is extremly quit, that is when your not playing. When you play it blowing your ears. But when not playing you would only be able to tell it is on because of the power light on front. If you cange the settings on the amp you can get a great variety from clean, drive and even metal. The clean channel is amazing. It will stay clean now matter what the volume. The distortion is brutal. but in a goos way. Becasue you can have little distorting for what I play like AC/DC. But you can change setting and put the more drive channel on to blast right to metal distortion.

Once again, I paly 80's rock. This amp is perfect for it. I have been playing for about 2 years. I have A Washburn Dime V Dimebag Darrell Signature series and my Fender FM212R I've got a entry level Jay Turser along wiht a ten watt Traynor amp. If this was to be broken I would fix it and if stonel I'd look for it and perhaps but another one. I love this amp becasue it has many types of tones and setting. but what I hate is the weight of it. Forty eight pounds. Hard to carry around. The one thing that does not bother me but I would not mind having is digital effects. Oh well. Over all I think the amp is excellent.

I would use this amp at all my gigs and I would not have a problem. No need for a back up amp when you got a Fender FM212R.

I'm pretty sure this amp was made in 2003. The is extremly versatile. It has amazing drive and more drive for the hevyer music. I play 80's rock, blues, jazz and a bit of metal but not alot. It is able to give you many kinds of distortions for different types of playing. The clean channel is exceptional also. It has three channels; clean drive and more drive like I already discussed. The Fender FM212R has two inputs, pre out, power in and a foot swith input. I use this amp for gigs at school. It's definaetly powerful enough with two specialy desined 12 inch speakers. It is a soldid State amp. It weighs forty eight pounds. The Fender FM212R come with a foot swith so you can switch channels while you play.