FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Classic and a Gibson Challenger. These 2 guitars and this amp are a great combo. at least for my style of playing which are blues, hard rock. I can make this amp sounds like a 12 string acoustic or absolute heavy metal electric.

My band and I have been together for 3 years, and I have been playing off and on for about 10 years. This is a great match for the style of music I play which are blues and hard rock. I own an Epiphone Les Paul Classic, Gibson Challenger and a Yamaha acoustic guitar, along with my FM212 I have a Marshall G50R CD amp, effects I have a Zoom GFX707, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, Boss DS-1 Distortion, Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive and a Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95. If it were stolen/lost I would hunt them down and beat them if I didn't find them I would go out and buy a new one. I compared it with the Mega's, the Marshall's, the Line 6's and so on. I didn't want anything too big but also not too small, this one was the perfect fit it's not too big (it weights about 50 pounds)but it has lots of power. But what it all came down to was the almighty dollar for $400 and change and a 5 years warranty I was sold.

Can I depend on it? And would I use it on a gig without a backup? You're right, I would without a doubt. The only problem I had with the FM212 was for some reason I blew a speaker within about 6 months so I brought it back to were I bought it and within a few weeks Fender sent me a brand new one (god love them). It is now 2005 and this one's running great with not one problem.

I bought this amp in 2003, it holds up to my styles of play which are blues, hard rock. It has 3 channels and it comes with a footswitch, 2 inputs. I don't really use all the channels because I use my effects pedals but when I first got it, I just plugged it in played. The clean channel was awesome and the drive channel it was something else too. My band, we don't have alot gigs but when we do they're usually house parties. This thing is awesome lots of power. The leadsinger/guitarist of our band liked so much he went and got one about 2 weeks after I got mine.