FM 212R review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 4.5 Poor
Fender: FM 212R

The sound isnt that great. Its really faded, and sounds like it lacks the ability to try. When it's turned up (which it really does get loud) it actually does not sound all that bad rather when its quiet. The overdrive on it is ives off a very loud static when the guitar is silenced though, and my "Metal Zone" pedal and it do not get along at all. The clear channel sounds great, but I never use it on account I'm into heavy distortion, and deep sound. I have a seven string, and it also dosent get along with it as well.

It's not for heavy rockers/metal heads out their, but for folk music or light country or something along those lines. The clear channel is great, that is if you like that kind of sound, but the overdrive on it is really a waste of money. Don't let the price get you, its a cheap amp, at a fairly cheap price for its range, but I don't recommend it for anyone who likes harder, deeper tuned, music with distortion and what not.

My band and I practice at least once a week, and I have to travel to my drummer house, about 20 minutes away. So, it is in my tiny back seat alot, rolling around at times, but nothing has broken on it soo far. Its heavy, and been dropped once, but it didnt damage the amp at all. But, turning it up to 9 (out of 10), after a minute or two you can smell the amp frying up. Thats never a good sign.

The features for this amp, are all over-rated by far. When I first got it, the price and weight had me sold on it. I was wrong. It has all theses fancy channel knobs, for reverb, drive, contour, and of course bass, treble, and volume. It comes with a pedal, that "allows" you to switch channels without tinkering little buttons on the amp itself. The pedal broke the second day I owned it. Its not a tube amp, so it starts right up, but it sucks. I purchased this amp for the "100 Watts of useable power," because I needed a gig amp, but it too basic of an amp for me.