FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: Westside music centre

I play with a Vintage LP-200 (not the best) with Wilkinson humbuckers (I'm not a fan of single coils). It's an extremelly loud amp and for playing live its very good. There is a fair bit of sound variety. From a clean to '50s soft distortion to a fairly heavy sound. The clean channel stays clean no matter what volume it's played at.

When I first opened the box up I did'nt think it was a 100watt amp as it is fairly small, but when I plug it in, in the living room (where everyone was) it was on volume 3 and I didn't think it was going to be that loud. I scared the crap out of everyone. My ears were ringing for hours after. If The amp were to get stolen or completelly pack in then I would probablly not buy it again I would get the Line 6 150 watt (I've heard it's very good).

I can depend on this amp for live playing as a trust it will not break. I'm happy walking on the top of it while playing without the fear of it breaking. The amp has never packed up on me. I play on it every day.

This amp is very versatile it can give a nice full clean sound or a heavier crunch distortion sound. I like to play heavy metal, but I dont run straight through the amp I use a Boss ME-50. There are three channels a clean, ditortion and more distortion. I don't use the 'more distortion' channel because it's just not heavy enough for my style of music. If I didn't have a pedal and have to run straight to the amp then I would wish it had a lot heavier sound. It's a solid state amp. But it has extreme power. I practice most in my room and I cant turn it above 2 because it's just to loud for practicing.