FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: musicians friend

I am using a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and DigiTech RP200A pedal with it. I play most types of rock (classic, metal, punk) and ocassionally blues. It can be noisy when on the the more drive channel (when the red light in the middle is lit), also on the clean channel it will sometimes distort or clip a little when using a lot of bass. The drive channel is good for when you need like the classic rock sound (Malcom Young, Jimmy Page, and stuff like that). The more drive I'd good for hard stuff like metal (Metallica, Slayer, A7X).

I play a lot of different genres of rock and this amp can handle all of them. I usually play with my RP200A into the clean channel, just because that pedal give me more choices. I love the massive sound it produces. It may only have 2x12" speakers but sounds just as loud as a Marshall half stack. I compared this amp to many crat amps and this one delivered more kick to it. I do wish it had more eq options on the clean channel, it is sometimes hard to get a nice clean sound out of my Les Paul with this amp. If this amp was stolen I probaly wouldn't get it again, because I really wanna tube amp now, but overall it is a good amp.

I can depend on this amp without a backup. This ia amp is a tough one but is very heavy. Somewhere around 50 pounds, and if you carry it by yourself it's alittle awkward to grip since it only has one handle. This amp has never broken and sounds as good as the day I bought it.

My amp was made in 2004, and it is very versatile.You can plug 2 guitars into it. It is solid a solid state amp, and get very loud if you want it that way, it's definately for the typical gigger. My favorite feature on this amp is the reverb, it's got that classic Fender verb sound which is really good.