FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: some guy

I play a Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster and an Epiphone Dot Studio both with the stock Epiphone pick ups and a Seymour Duncan detonator in the bridge. The bulk of what I play is Punk rock but it gets a pretty good clean sound. Also if your into the whol classic rock thing, it gets a pretty sweet overdrive sound like AC/DC and all that. You can use the mid contour button to get a crazy high metal sound but I don't use it much. The distortion on this is definately one of the best non tube distortions I have used. I would say it's better tan a couple tube heads I've used. One thing that was bad was that if you put the distortion up to 10, the distortion channel looses some crunch and the clean channel just acts weird. This might just be mine but it was one problem I had. The speakers are pretty good and I actually bought the cabinet version of this amp for my half stack.

It's good for any style of music really, punk, metal, country, whatever. I've been playing 4 years and I own A B-52 AT-100 tube head which is an amazing affordable guitar amp and I have owned a Crate blue voodoo 100 and a Peavey supreme head. This amp blew them out of the water and is quite comparable to the B-52. I run my current head through the cabinet version of this Fender amp and it gets a really good sound.

This amp is very dependable. I played it Live for about a year and recorded a CD with it. Plenty loud enough and still sounds great. It's built pretty well and everything. It's a good amp and extremely affordable. I thought there was something wrong with it because of the whole Drive all the wya up thing but I just figured out what was wrong one day.

This amp was made in the usa. It's quite versitile and one of the best non-tube amps I've ever played. I play everything from NOFX to the police. You can get a great distortion sound with it, perfect for punk or metal. I played this amp with 2 guitars, a Tom DeLonge Strat and an Epiphone Dot Studio. It has a mid contour switch, 3 channels (really it's 2 with a distortion boost) a 2 button footswitch and I think that's about it. There is no line out which was bad for me because I tried plugging this into a cabinet and wouldn't work. And the footswitch is this really slippery plastic and slides around when you put your foot on it.

Fender_punk
    Strongbow : I was tihnking of selling my AVT50 and getting this, i play stuff like blink to bullet to more indie stuff any opinions? Oh and my amp makes a popping noise when going from distortion to clean any ideas what it is ? and does this amp do this?
    yeah, i play all that kind of stuff. this amp would be sweet for that. My friends got a marshall 1x12 (im not sure which on it is) and my fender blew it away.
    papaprotogo
    I was looking for some info on the fender FM 412 plus the head but this is the closest thing to it. Sounds like a great amp!
    Spawn2
    I've got this amp, it sounds pretty good, the only thing I do is turn the Treble all the way down on the distorted channel, you really need an equalizer (like the GE7) tot make it sound good.. Also: during the last couple of gigs, after 2 hours of playing on 3/4 volume, this amp starts to overheat and shuts down.... that's not a good sign!!!
    Spawn2
    I have this amp too, The distorted channel is quite bad on itself, but if you add a tubescreamer or in my case: BOSS SD1 or Jekyll and Hyde for boost, it sounds great: much more defined than a standard marshall amp. Great value for money!!! I've gigged with it for the last year and a half, I did have the problem with the volume cutting down: but I think it's due to overheating, I placed a cooler in it (dunno how to call it van/fan/fen or something in english) and it works fine now!!! Reverb is a bit noisy though
    CORT noob
    I have this amp. See, the thing is that you people are trying to use this amp in the wrong genres. I believe it shines best in Classic rock, and Older metal. With just this and my DS-1, incase I need something a little heavier, I can achieve almost any sound I wanted. I love the creamy overdrive, and it is perfect for keeping up with the noise of my bands drummer.