FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I run a Fender stratocaster through my crybaby wah, SD-1, BD-2, CS-3, and RP-80 multi-effects unit. I use the clean channel (the best feature of the amp) and use it as a base on which to build my sounds utilizing my effects. It is not noisy on the clean channel, but hisses a lot when the gain is maxed out on the more Drive channel. The distortion will not suit a metal player, but that's why they invented stompboxes. The clean channel, being solid state, stays clean at very high volumes. Very nice with effects.

Overall, I love this amp. I've been playing for 4 years, playing a variety of styles from classic rock, blues, jazz, and modern rock. The only thing that I wish this amp had was better distortion channels. Nonetheless I can deal with it, because the clean channel is amazing. If it were stolen or lost I'd either buy this or a Fender DRRI.

I can, and will depend on this amplifier, it has never let me down. I would gig without a backup without any worries. The only time it gave me an issue was when the included footswitch cable died, but it is easily replaced by a standard instrument cable. I still don't know why it happened, but it wasn't a really durable cable, so I'm not suprised honestly. But the amp itself is built like a rock.

This 100 watt solid state amp was made in 2004. It has 3 footswitchable channels, the clean and dirty EQs being independent and a mid scoop on the dirty channels, clean, Drive, and more Drive. The clean is amazing, Fender clean. Drive could be better, but isn't bad, it's a Fender, not a Marshall people! More drive is basically the Drive channel with a gain boost. Spring reverb is a nice touch.

steve-bod
    its nothing special but will rock the house and piss off very one around you. Has a good clean tone, depending how much distortion you like but what am i saying it has a 2-channel drive, which is quite noticable between the 2-channels selection.