FM 212R review by Fender

Fender: FM 212R

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

The sound on this amp is amazing. I use mostly use the neck pickup and humbucker on my Fender strat. I play a wide variety in music from blues, rock, and alternative to reggae and ska. This amp hasn't let me down so far in any styles. It can be a little loud at times but its nothing to complain about. I was very impressed by the distortion on this amp but it made me worry about the clean channel. But the clean channel was great! I was very impressed by the sound on this amp.

Overall this amp is great for any style of music except I wouldn't recomend it for heavy metal. I've been playing for almost four years and this is by far the best amp I have ever played on. The only strange problem with the amp was that for the first month of playing it had a very strong odor that would stink up a whole room but it is gone now. I love how good the clean channel is and then you can switch to a great distorted channel. I just wish it had a switch for reverb but overall it is a wonderful amp and well worth the price.

I've had this amp for a couple of months now and not once has it over heated or even had the slightest crackle in the sound. It is perfect and I would use it any timie for a gig and wouldn't worry about it at all. If you are looking for an amp that has great sound will never break down on you this is the perfect amp for you.

I bought this amp upgrading from a hand-me-down 15 watt Fender amp that I got a few years ago. I was playing around with it in the store for a while. I immidatly fell in love with it and had to have it. It came with a foot pedal that had Drive and more drive. It had great reverb too. I also liked the mid countour that was great for a good blues sound. The only thing I didn't like was that when you used the more Drive channel it blasted the volume up. But its a great amp.

UltimateJB
    i think this is the first amp review i've seen to get consistent praise... thanks guys, you've swayed me into buying one