FM 25 DSP review by Fender

Fender: FM 25 DSP

Purchased from: Blue Mountain Guitar

I have B.C. Rich virgo vampyre that I usually use to play electric with and I usually use the humbuck pick up. Although alone the amp cannot produce that beautiful distortion with a sound effects pedal it's sound can be just as beautiful as a much nicer amp. This amp packs a punch when in it comes to the sound it can fill up large area's fairly well. Although I don't like it's distortion I would say that this amp has a very clean sound even at high volumes.

This amp works very well with sound effects pedal's. It has allowed me to create the sound of Metallica's solos to Jerry C's cannon rock to van halens eruption to michael angelo baitoses no boundaries ex. This amp is very good if you modify it a little and once you understand it well it becomes a good friend. I have been playing for about 2 to 3 years and this amp has taken me through those years happily. If it were stolen I would probably cry but I'm saving for a nice amp that I will use for a long time now that I understand more of what I want. However I cherish the time that me and my precious Fender amp spent together. I'm satisfied with this amp nothings perfect, and with almost any amp you will find something you don't like about it.

I don't think that every amp is the same, and I'm not saying this will happen to you if you buy the amp. I had a terrible experience with this amp it shot out during a performance I think that it was because I put the volume and gain to the maximum and the amp couldn't handle the intensity or maybe it was just meant to happen. However I had a one year warrenty and they did fix the amp for me and sine then it has been fine. I believe it was just a dud in the amp because it happened a little while after I bought it. Since then the amp has worked just fine and has been a very decent practice amp for a few years.

This amp has many feature's and although I wouldn't personally reccomend it. It's variety is perfect for beginners testing out what kind of sounds they're really trying to produce. Although I play everything from classical to metal I have to say I mostly play distorted solos. It has great sounds and all, but it's distortion just wasn't doing it for me when I solo'd.

Death-Speak
    I play with a guitarist who owns the FM212DSP. I'm not very impressed with it especially when distortion is involved. The cleans and the effects on it are 'ok', but the distortion blows.
    Sendrith
    I have the 15 watt version. It has some decent (decent, not good) rock/low gain tones, but clean has bad breakup (the bad kind) if my volume & tone are all the way up. And don't even bother asking about high gain...
    Megadeth2011
    I own the amp. I've used my Dean Dragster and Fender Strat on it. The Dean sounds alright with distortion. It's ok if you're using humbuckers, but the single-coil pickups weren't that great. The clean channel is too quiet and not clean enough. Now I use a Fender Cyber Deluxe. It's awesome!
    Megadeth2011
    Tele Echoes
    Can`t stand the frontman series. If you want a good solid state with a good sound and many awesome effects, I would highly advise you check out the Roland Cube 20x. Roland owns Boss, which makes great effects, and the sound is awesome for a solid state. I like using this amp for fun when I want to play songs of Pink Floyds the wall, since this amp has a good delay and chorus/flnager. I strongly urge you to check it out.
    -Rock-N'-Roll-
    Megadeth2011 wrote: oh and it's not that new... I'VE HAD IT FOR 2 YEARS!!! i recommend it for a beginner.
    yeah