FM 25 DSP review by Fender

Fender: FM 25 DSP

I use an Ibanez jem555 and a DigiTech RP255 effects pedal with this amp. Even with the high end Ibanez and all the effects my DigiTech offers, this amp powers through all of it very nicely. My music style is an odd mix. I prefer to play either soft ( ex. Dream on by aerosmith ) or rock ( ex. Scream aim fire by bullet for my valentine ). The amp is extremely quiet when you aren't playing is but it does face problems after taking the volume past "8". I recommend never passing this level because the amp goes nuts at that point. This amp is very good at clean cut distortion and smooth sounds. Sadly I did notice that with anything "murky" the low notes make the floor shake. The amp effects and different amp types are good but once you extend into a certan effects area you will wish the amp had more fine tuning for the effects. The distortion can become brutal but only when you want it to. By this I mean if you pump up the gain to "10" its gonna howl so if I were you I would always keep gain low around the 3-5 area.

This amp is an amp I wish I couldve started out on. It still serves as a great practice amp and its affordability and quality make it a great product. Aside from a few minor flaws that could easily be fixed by the next model, this goes above what I expected from it. I recommend this to all beginners and anyone who doesn't quite know where they are headed with guitar. This amp perfectly matches my needs and I never consider having to upgrade. I would have liked to ask about a footswitch for this before buying it because that came as a small shocker to find no fottswitch in the package. If this were lost or stolen, I would probably end up getting this amp and at the least it would be in one of my top3 amps for a cheap but still reliable amp. The effects turned out to be a disappointment but were easily made up for in the different amp types.I actually compared this to a Roland Micro Cube and the 100 watt version of this. I decided I just wanted a practice amp so the 100 watt was out of the question and guitar center didn't even have a Roland microcube and since that's where I get my guitar supplies, the fm25dsp was clearly the right choice and I was not dissappointed.

This is amp is very reliable. Through all the time I've used this amp and accidentally bumped into it with various objects, it has held as if it just came out of the store. I would probably take a backup with me to a gig just because I would be afraid of accidentally blowing out the amp because I haven't really seen much of what it can do at high volumes and extreme distortion levels. The amp has never faced problems and for that I absolutely love it. If you an amp to take a bit of action I would go for this baby.

This is a standard FM25dsp. The year is pretty recent because I got it new within the past year or so. This amp was obviously designed for almost all playing styles with settings ranging from jazz to metal amps. There are 2 channels, one with gain and amp types, another with just the basic treble, middle and bass. Both channels can access the effects but effect changing is slow and so is channel switching unless you have a plug-in footswitch ( not included ). This amp has everything I need except it doesn't come with the footswitch and the effect levels are pre-set so you cannot do fine tuning to them. I use this amp for practice at home and I'm sure it would have enough power for a small gig ( I haven't tried it yet but I've been meaning to ). Overall this amp comes with pretty much everything a begginer-intermediate guitarist should ever need.