FM 65 DSP review by Fender

Fender: FM 65 DSP

Purchased from: Pawn 1

I use a cheap Strat lookalike that I have installed a dual-rail humbucker in, and it plays great through the amp. This is only my second amplifier, my first being a lousy 10-watt Fender. Needless to say, the FM 65 blows it out of the water as far as sound quality goes. I have, however, played on a lot of amps in stores, and this one stands up pretty well to higher-end models. The cleans stay clean, no matter what volume you play at. The distortion, once you gain it up and put it on the Metal setting, can knock you on your ass pretty well.

I've been playing for about three years, and I play a lot of high gain rock/metal. While the FM 65 can handle most styles, I still prefer to use my DigTech Grunge Distortion pedal for the really angry tones. It cleans up great, and has awesome versatility thanks to its easy-to-use amp model settings. If I lost it, I'd probably end up with something similar to this one, or I'd opt for a head/stack setup. I played other amps pretty extensively before I bought this one, and for the price and features, this was the obvious choice. I am a bit sad, however, that the FM 65 doesn't have much for controls on its effects. You can't change depth, speed, or anything else but intensity. But that's to be expected from built-in effects, right? Really solid amp. It should last me for a long time.

This amp is pretty tough, and I've yet to have any troubles with it thusfar. I wouldn't carry a backup if I gigged with it. I don't know if it would be big enough to handle bigger gigs without a P.A. system, bu that's just conjecture. I've never had to get it past 7 before the thing was about to blow my eardrums. It doesn't have any tubes or anything, so it's pretty low maintenance.

I bought this 65 watt, 1x12" solid-state combo amp almost new in 2010 from a pawn shop, and love its versatility. I play anything from mellow, clean tone rock to muddy grunge to piercing, high-gain metal. This amp has settings to fit any of those types and then some. Here are its features: 2 channels (Dirty and Clean) with individual volume, treble, and bass controls 7 amp models- Blackface, British, Hot Rod, Metal, Acoustic, Jazz, and Tweed 6 built-in effects- Chorus, Flanger, Tremelo, Vibrato, Delay, and Reverb Footswitch for switching between channels and turning effects on and off Auxiliary inputs so you can play recorded music through it Headphone jack

Otis
    My son bought this amp 2nd hand and somehow I've acquired it. I think it's a cracking amp forthe price, if I'd paid for it, which obviously I didn't. I play a J&D LP through it and I have no complaints. It does most things I want for my indoor set up.