FM 65R review by Fender

Fender: FM 65R

I Play a Squire AES-100 that ive put an active tone circut into, and fixed the trem on it, and it goes well with the Amp, I can get any sound I want out of it, (not)surprisingly my guitar with this amp has a better sound than my firends '54 Strat reissue. I havnt had a chance to crank it up, but it sounds like it just gets better at high volumes.

I play punk/rock mostly and it suits me fine, I've been playing a little over a year and a half now. If it were stolen or lost I would chase the motherf--r down and kill him, then get my amp back. I wouldn't, I just would get really pissed off cause my grandma bought it for me and I couldn't get another one cause I'm poor.

I've only had it a day, so I don't really know wether it is that reliable, I would play it at a gig without a backup (as I don't have one.)

This amp was made in 2004. The FM65 is extremely versatile and I can get any sound from blues, rock, metal, punk to grunge by Fiddling with the tone settings/pressing mid contour switch in (great for nu metal). It has pre out and in so you can have an effects loop, and has a one button footswitch. I wish it had chorus onboard (it has reverb) and it would have been good to have remote switching of the mid contour. I Just got it, so I've only used it in my aparment, albeit no louder than 4 on clean and 3 on distortion, when I cranked it up in the store it was loud, and It would be A good size for most gigs (if you're playing the Sydney Entertainment Centre you'd be miked up anyway!)