FM 65R review by Fender

Fender: FM 65R

Purchased from: Mega Music

I use this amp with an Ibanez RG1710 and the amp compliments it really well. The amp is awesome for any type of music you want to play. For all types of metal, the distortion channel is loud and heavy. Great for brutal metal. The mid-contour is awesome for getting heaps of different distortion sounds. For clean sounds, such as blues, the sound is realy clear. The clean channel does not get distorted even on high volumes. This amp can produce stacks of different sounds and is really versatile.

As stated earlier, this thing is awesome for any type of music. I play Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Metallica, Lamb Of God, Megadeth, Misfits, Opeth, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Van Halen, Unearth, Watch Them Die, etc. I also play a lot of softer clean music, such as some Opeth, jazz, blues, Eric Clapton, etc. This amp does it all with no problems. I have only been playing for about a year now, but this amp has made me want to practice heaps because it's so good. It it was lost of stolen I would definitely get another, if I couldn't I may get something a bit bigger. I love almost everything about this amp, and my friends do as well. The brutal distortion is definitely my favorite feature, it is punishing. Before I bought this, I was shown heaps of smaller amps for about the same price, like a smaller Marshall, Line 6, etc, but they had nothing on this amp. This amp was cheap in comparrision and has more features than you can poke a stick at!

This thing is dependable. I would definitely use it at a gig without a backup. When I first bought the amp, the fuse didn't work so they put in a bigger fuse at no cost and I've never had a problem since! It is really reliable. No problems whatsoever.

This amp has tons of features. I play everything from death metal to clean blues, this amp can do it all. The distortion setting is mean as, and the clean setting is really clear and has no distortion, even at high volumes. For a 65 watt amp, this thing is loud. You wouldn't beleive how loud this is for a 65 Watt amp, it's awesome. It would be cool if it had a headphone jack, but it can be cranked up too loud, so you'd probably end up going deaf. When I went to buy it, I was shown a series of other, smaller amps for roughly the same price as this, but they had absolutely nothing on the FM65R. This amp is unreal.