FM 65R review by Fender

Fender: FM 65R

Purchased from: GC Online

Through my Strat and RP, it works for diff. Styles. Otherwise you'd only want to use the clean channel. It is a bit fuzzy at lower volumes, but that may not just be it. I've haven't been able to crank it all the way, so I don't know when it starts to clip, because it is really loud. But, like I said, great clean sounds.

It works perfectly fine for The Music I play WHEN I use the multi FX. Other than that, bah. Before buying it, I wish I had known what I was getting. Would have been nice, and I would have gone with a good small (relatively) tube amp. If it were to be stolen, I would go out and but a Vox Night Train head with an Avatar cab instead of this. But til that happens, I'm going to be fine with this. One word of advice: Don't buy online before you try offline. Saves a whole lot of regret and money.

Dependable and reliable. Not going to break apart or down. SS, so obviously no tube changing, though I'd rather go with the tubes.

No idea as to the year, but it doesn't really matter as they haven't been made for too long. Normally, this amp would never be versatile enough for all the different styles I play. But I run my Strat first through a DigiTech RP500 multi FX with amp modeling then to this. It has two channels: clean and OD. Clean is perfectly fine, and actually nice, but the overdrive is horrible. That is not only because it is solid state, but also because it is just poorly done. It has a pre out and an in, I think for FX loop (not sure but don't really care). No headphone jack. I wish it had mid-range EQ control for the clean channel, but I normally just leave it on a flat EQ anyway.

Ice-mAn
    I've got one of these, currently playing a stock ICT-700 Iceman through it, this things clean tone is amazingly clear, the on amp distortion is rather poor, and the mid-contour just takes the mid-range down but your still left with an aweful muddy sound, remedy that with a pedal i suggest, i did, it performs pretty well playing metal through a Korg effects processor, but im pretty soon upgrading my rig, getting pickups (blackouts) and a new pedal, most likely a line-6 or boss or something...something nice n mean, im hoping that this amp will be able to deliver, but i dont think fenders are ideally used for metal, ill find out i guess =\.... itll give me an excuse to buy a new one tho