Frontman 10G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 10G

I own a Yamaha Paciica 112V and mostly use my humbuker pick-up and it sounds perfect for my style (heavy metal/rock). Its sound in amazingly loud for such as small amp, I mean blimey!, on full volume it can easily equal a 30w Marshall amp! It has loads of variety and can cover most types of music easily. If you turn it to full volume on the clean channel is does become slightly disorted, but still sounds ace! The distortion, well, at full volume... Sounds like a chainsaw on a blackboard, but it can be adjusted and it sounds perfect. You just need a little patience.

It sounds so good and it does very well in keeping the sound full and rich. I am also buying a Fender Frontman 25R and using both at once using a chorus pedal. If your a beginner or a expert needing a durable amp like me this is for you. And with its perfect sound and matching quality you can`t go wrong

This amp is VERY reliable. You could throw it off a stage and it would still work. Mine has never broken down or suffered a short circuit or ANYTHING, Fender build quality put it that way. You could happily use it at a gig, but if its a large room or outdoors you may need a back-up amp or a chorus unit.

What can I say, what a perfect little amp the Fender Frontman 10G is! I mainly use it for playing at home and for band rehersals and it could well be used to go live with as well! It only has one effect which is overdrive and it only has one channel but it aslo has a aux. Imput and a universal headphones imput too. If Fender were to redesign the amp, I wish they would give it an effects loop and more on-board effects. Overall a whopping little amplifier perfect for my style and, in my opinion, the Fender Frontman series are the best amps available.

Strat1958
    I own a 50W VOX Valvetronix and a Fender Princeton Chorus 2 x 25W. I have been playing for 44 years, a former pro musician, and I also own some pretty nice "real" guitars. Why the need to brag? Well, I find it interesting that folks above feel the need to say that if you bought a Fender Frontman 10g, - you obviously know nothing about amps - you can't afford a real amp - you are tone deaf - you should spend 8x as much and buy a 5W tube amp - you will "outgrow" it - you are "insanely stupid" (love that one) Well gents, I disagree completely with all of you. I know plenty about amps, I am not stupid, I can afford a real amp since I own 2 of them, and I play over 300 songs by ear, so am not tone deaf The little Fender is a spanking good amp for playing in a place where the neighbors don't necessarily want to hear you. It has an MP3 input and a headphone output, so I can plug in the ipod and jam away quietly. The clean tone is very good on the speaker, and AWESOME on headphones. The gain is excellent up to about "3" on the knob, after that it's 'just OK'. With my DigiTech RP255 on the front end, I just leave the amp on clean and use the modeler to dial in the OD from all the amps on the pedal, as well as all of the effects - and it sounds excellent. Best of all, this amp is tiny and light, so it's a no-brainer to throw it in the back seat. For 60 bucks, this amp is a freakin giveaway, and is perfect for what it is meant to do. Nuff said.
    varszegimarcell
    How does it tolerate pedals? My actual amp sound like a farting crocodile if you use pedals... What kind of clean tone has it? Like the twin reverb? Or anything else from the fender family?