Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Guitar World

The amp was great but after playing it a few times on high??? it just became shot. There is this terrible feedback and this like rattling noise and lol it picks up radio stations. I have Fender strat with regular stock pickups, I used a Boss MT-2 distortion pedal with an RP-80. The amp alone with the RP-80 sounded decent, but when the distortion pedal plugged in, holy shit did that sound like crap. Breaking glass was what it sounded like. Total shit! I was going to buy a noise supressor at the time but instead I got a humbucker and I use my friend's Marshall. The distortion pedal and the amp were not a good combination, not at all. I messed around with the knobs on the amp and on my distortion pedal, it helped a bit but I couldnt get my heavy metal palm muting, the sound was just out to lunch! I even bought new noiseless patch cords, I took apart my pickups, and some article on UG told me to coat the under side of the pickups with wax and tin foil. Still did not help all that much. I'm glad I got my Line 6 PODXT live, and my Marshall. I was and am not impressed with the sound quality the amp had to offer.

I play heavy death metal, with some blues in the mix. The amp gave me shit sounds. I wish I got like a Krank or even a Marshall would be nice. The amp just did not live up to its expectations.

I would never use this amp, the feedback and noise, no thank you. I wouldn't want to pickup some radio station right in the middle of a song, while doin a gig. Although the amp never broke down to the point where it didn't work, I hope it did so I could get a new one, but no that was not the case. I still would not use it.

This was my first amp, and it sounded great, when I got it last year for Christmas. It was perfect, a drive channel, drive volume, clean channel and clean volume. It's got an AUX in for those music tunes you wanna play along with, also it came with treble, bass, middle knobs and with a headphone jack. At the time and still today I use that amp, unfortunately because I cannot afford another one. It is a regular amp, with no distortion per say. No tube, no real pedal effects. At the time I didn't need those in an amp, I just need it to work. I use all the features on, its not like you have much to choose from, I wish it had like maybe a distortion of some type, maybe some reverb and delay.