Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Fender: Frontman 15G

I'm using this with a Squier Stratocaster. Why yes, I did get these in a Strat Pak. Anyway, I played lots of Classic Rock when I started out, so the overdrive feature was nice for that. As I said earlier, though, I use a FAB Metal pedal now for distortion. I played some heavier stuff now, but I still use the overdrive periodically. This amp is pretty noisy. Maybe it's because I have a lot of electronics around it. My family owns two homes; one in the busy city and another in a quieter community. This amp doesn't buzz that much when we are at the second house. So the electronics around it are a big factor. It's especially noisy when I use it with a lone single-coil. I've found that if you unscrew the metal bits holding down the amp's handle at the top, you can eliminate the buZZing sound a little bit. Warning: if you are going to unscrew the handle, make sure the amp is turned off first! I do not advise playing with the amp's electronics or anything either. Like said earlier, the clean channel on the Fender Frontman 15G does distort at higher volumes. I'd say it begins to distort at around 7 or 8.

I play metal, rock, and blues and this amp is still going at it. You can get the sound you want if you toy around with the EQ knobs a bit. I've been playing for a year and 3 months. I also own a Danelectro Fab Metal pedal and a Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy something else. I wonder go so far as to say I would want it to be stolen, but I would definitely go for a Roland Cube or something or higher quality. I don't gig or anything, so I wouldn't need a monster, just something for some good quality practice. I didn't compare this to other products, since I knew nothing about guitars and just bought a Strat Pak to get a start in the world of electric guitars. Like I said earlier, I still wish this thing had a reverb feature. Basically, if you want a good amp to start with, this is a nice, cheap, choice that can last a while. If you are buying a second amp for practice or something, I would advice you to shoot a bit higher than the Fender Frontman 15G.

I would never use this at a gig. There is not enough power, firstly. Secondly, the buzzing you get from this thing can be quite annoying. I've dropped this amp a few times and it's still going at it. Of course, this amp has been going downhill the more I use it. The quality is lowering steadily. I've had it for a year and the sound is starting to distort a little at lower volumes. This is bad since I record through headphones because I don't turn up the amp too loud since my uncle's room is right below the room I record in.

This amp is pretty basic. There is a clean channel, which is pretty good, but distorts quite a bit when this amp gets turned up to higher volumes. This amp does have a button for overdrive, which is also pretty good. The Fender Frontman 15G also comes with 2 Aux plug-in jacks and a jack for headphones for those late nights of practicing, and, of course, 3 EQ knobs (treble, mids, and bass). As I have a Danelectro Fab Metal Pedal, I don't really use the overdrive too much. I wish it had a reverb effect. This amp was my first amp, and is still my current amp. I've never had to turn the volume up past 2 1/2.

littleslash33
    this amp came with my first guitar. its decent but theres a really really loud ring whenever on distortion and the clean doesnt sound right on high volumes. It can go really loud but on distortion the ring ruins it