Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Patrick reed music

I am using this amp with a Fender strat. I have to say it doesn't suit my music style great which is quite heavy rock with fairly heavy distortion. The distortion is a bit rubbish as after you turn it past 5 position it doesn't get anymore distorted you just get more background noise which is very annoying. At high volumes the clean sound gets very distorted although at low volumes it is quite good. Also at high volumes it gets very crackly. When it is turned on but not playing guitar it makes a very loud noise especially on distortion and every so often it randomly lets off a horrible screeching noise, I have tried it with many different leads but it still does this.

I find this amp, overall, rubbish. It was a fairly good match for the type of music I like to play but after nine months it is already broken so I am not goin to replace it with the same amp. Personally I would not pay half what I paid for it. What I hate most is the annoying screechy noises it randomly makes and the genereal unreliability. Unfortunatly, when I bought it I made the mistake of not comparing it with any other amps. I am now goin to replace it with a Marchall MG15CD which I am getting for 10 less than I paid for this amp.

This amp is totally unreliable. I had problems with the input not picking up my guitar, the volume randomly gets higher or lower without me even touching it and one minute it's fien the next minute it's all crackly so I have to fiddle about with the controls on it.After just nine months it has now completly packed up and not even turning on, it's just waiting to be put in the bin. I would never rely on this amp.

The amp has 2 channels(clean and distortion), headphone jack, auxilary input, bass, treble and middle contorls. I like to play with kind of AC/DC style distortion which this amp does ok but not excellently, the distortion isn't great. I only ever use it for practicing as it is 2 quiet for a gig but even thoen it lacks a bit of oomph and tends to get a bit drowned out by the drums and my mates amps. I liked the auxillary input a lot as it aloud us to listen too songs we were trying to play through it whilst practicing.

Jelly_donut
    this amp is kinda crap, but often the hissing/buzzing noise is not just the amp's fault. I played this amp at school through my friend's ibanez, and the hissing/buzzing was non existant.
    guitarNbass
    the 15r and the 15g are perfect start up amplifiers, there better than any other 15 watt piece of shit that you can buy for less than 100 bucks.
    Cypher07
    I will actually admit that I own this amp. I'm poor and need my first amp, so I got it at NY Music($50). Thankfully the buzzing sound stopped about a week after I bought it. It's really bland and the clear channel is terrible. However, if you set the distortion right you can get a nice sound from it. Personally I like to add a little feedback to a song every now and then, and it's really easy to get it with this amp. Too bad this amp sucks. So much I wrote my review in the comments section. 1* just for the distortion. Don't buy it. Please.
    [ktulu]
    lmao i have this and it sucks its my first amp came with my beg. guitar
    Fossilized Love
    Briscoe06 wrote: DIS IS A GREAT AMP. IT MAKES A NICE NOISE,LOTS OF DISTORTION BUT THERES ALWAYS A BUZZ AND THATS BAD
    It's not a great amp then, dumbass. Geez.
    hawk5211
    cheap! and its ok until you get fairly good, and then it sounds just terrible. I hate the distortion. The only way i could get this piece of junk to sound ok is with a distortion pedal. Im getting a tube amp next!