Frontman 15G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Friend =]

I play it with humbuckers. It seems to suit all my styles pretty well. It gets noisy usually if the gain is above 5, but when I run it through a mixer I usually don't hear anything. I love the distortion on it, I let my friend borrow it once and he let me borrow his Alesis wildfire 30, he ended up keeping it another 2 weeks because he said "Dude I'm not ready to trade back amps, I'm having too much fun with yours." I am very impressed with the distortion, although the "hiss" can ruin it if the gain is high.

I primarily rated this amp as a practice amp, thus making my ratings fairly high. I didn't check out any amps before, since I got it when I first started, which was a few years back. I'm suprised it's held up this long. I would be upgrading soon anyways, so if it was lost/stolen I would just upgrade. I would choose this over the 15R since I don't really like built in reverb. My favorite features are that it has held up for a very long time, since it's been through a lot, and the distortion is really cool. I am also pretty impressed on how loud it is wow.

I love taking this thing to my friends' houses to jam with. Never breaks down or anything. I obviously can't use it for a gig since it's not loud enough (unless it was a small club type gig). My friends rely on using it when they come over to jam all the time.

The amp seems to hold up through everything I play (rock/blues/jazz/metal). It has: (from left to right) input/volume/gain/overdrive switch/drive volume/treble/middle/bass/aux/headphone jack/power on/off. I give this a 9 since it makes a great practice amp with it's ease of use with the knobs. You can usually get the sound you want. I use it to practice with primarily, to jam, and to plug my mp3 into to play along to backing tracks with my drums.

blues-man
    im confused.... i know its pretty shit for anything.... but y duz it say 38W on the bak is this a 38 watt or 15 watt amp....????
    Zwart
    just 15 watt.. and i don't like the sound. you better buy a roland cube.