Frontman 15G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Reidy's

I use a Fender Squier Stratocaster with 3 single coil pickups. The amp provides a clean sound, or an overdrive sound that is clear, and can be altered to make it sound more bass-like. There is not a great deal of sound variety, just gain or bass/treble/middle, but the sound isn't distorted at high volumes.

I play music from the likes of Kasabian, Muse, The Fratellis amongst others, and the amp is quite good at these. Obviously there is no delay etc. but I use a DigiTech RP200A with it, so that makes up for it. I feel that I would probably buy this, or at least something very similar if it was lost, although I did get this particular one free with my Fender. I think that with the gain and the seperate effects pedal, this amp is just right for what I play.

I have never had any trouble with this amp, and it has never needed servicing or repairing at all. I think it is very reliable and I would use it at a gig because it can go loud enough, and it is very reliable. I feel that the amp would provide enough sound for a gig and it would suit my style of playing. It works well with the guitar, and pickups.

The Fender Frontman 15G has one standard input and an AUX input, and a headphone output. It has two 'drives' and a drive select. The first 'drive' has a volume and a gain knob, and the second has volume, bass, treble and middle knobs. I use this amp usually for practise at home, or sampling songs to family and friends. It is loud enough to be heard all over the house, without even reaching maximum volume.