Frontman 15G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: ebay

The best guitar to use with this amp I think is the Fender Stratocaster. Any of the models will do. Even though the Strat may be the best for this amp, single-coil pickups are not the best. This amp is not equipped with any noise reduction so there is going to be a lot of "humming" coming from the amp. This humming can be really bad. The overdrive and distortion are great for rock types of music but the bass on the amp does not get very loud. The clean channel never gets distorted at high levels so the player does not have to worry about accidentally distorting the sound when playing very loudly. The distortion can be adjusted using the gain knob. The higher the gain, the thicker the distortion.

The overall impression of this amp is great for beginner guitar players and intermediate players Who are playing for the hell of it and are indoor. I would not recommend this amp for large gigs, recording, or band play. If I lost the amp I would probably buy it again. I love this amp for practicing and I totally recommend it.

This amp, like I said before, should only be used for personal practice and/or personal use. The size of the amp limits it to these things. I personally would not use this amp at a gig. I have had this amp for a year and a half and it has never broken down. The durability of the amp is amazing. You can drop on cement and it will not break. If I had to guess the life span, I would guess 10 years.

The amp was made around 1999 as a novice amp to be included in the "Strat Pack". The amp is very versatile for any type of music even though it is very basic. It is great for many types of rock with its distortion and overdrive. These effects are very simple to use also. It does have two channels although two is enough for 15 watts. It includes a headphone jack, too. Because the amp has 15 watts, it is grear for indoor play and personal use. I do not recommend this amp for band play or stage stuff. It can be used for personal recording, too.

zeppelinpage4
    Meh it's a 15 watt SS amp it's bound to suck, horrible gain IMO however with some proper settings it's a got a pretty decent clean.