Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 1.8 Junky
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Southern Guitars

I am using the guitar that came in the package with this amp. Even though the two were made to go with each other, they can not pull off impressive sound. The overdrive on this amp is full of static and sounds terrible. At high volumes it has so much static it hurts the ears. At high volume you can also hear the speaker flapping around. This amp can suit almost any frequency up to the 21st fret on the 1st string. When it hits that not it can't reach the pitch and makes a really muddy lower pitched sound.

I have been playing for about a year now and this was my first amp. I am not impressed at all with it and would not recommend it to anyone, even a beginner. I would really appreciate it if this amp was stolen so it would be taken off my hands! I just recently bought a Line 6 Spider III 15 W amp and it is amazing, and only cost $20 extra. Compared to the 15 G the Line 6 amp is like god.

I would not rely on this amp even for practicing, it is terrible, using this amp on stage would be a nightmare. I have already been through three of them, and that with regular play. I don't move this amp around or neglect it in any way, it always stays in one spot and still manages to break.

This is the amplifier that comes with the Fender Strat Squire guitar package. This amp is made mainly for Blues and clean channel playing. I mainly play rock and metal, so this amp doesn't work at all for me. I experimented with this amp to see what it sounded like playing blues and on a clean channel, and I was not impressed at all. It only has two channels, clean and overdrive, and has no effects loops. It does have a headphone jack, but the sound from this amp is not nearly impressive enough to use even with the headphones. This amp can get really loud, but has even worse sound playing at high volumes.

Ali-b912
    i ripped the front cover off of mine so i can see the speaker. i plan to assualt it with a screwdriver or something to get free fuzz distortion! anyone know any where u can find info about ppl modding these? they are rubbish standard and i thot someone must know how to morph it so its acceptable. i find its only use is to impress stupid people who think it ruls because its a fender. also i have tried plugging this thru a marshall MS-2, the mini pocket size one. with this as the first amp the ms2 distorted at basically no volume and the other way round i had to turn everything up to ten on the drive channel to hear it. ive also tried putting one of these thru another and it doesnt seem to do anything. i was hoping for a cheap 30 watt but it didnt work
    Tele Echoes
    steve-bod
    This was my first amp and I regret buying it from day 1 it has this extreme buzz to it. As much as I love fender equipment just walk past this amp at any cost.
    ezza61
    I hate this piece of crap. But I can some decent sounds through my GV-2 pedal. And it dosent hiss as badly as the overdrive. I don't know what people are going on about...the distorsion on it sounds so bad.
    Kai07
    I just got one until my micro cube is fixed.....its okay. to much missing on the gain channel.
    llllllA7Xllllll
    Mine always makes this buzzing sound, but it goes away if I press on the top near the headphone jack. Other than that, this amp is amazing for its size and price.
    Ali-b912
    Tele Echoes wrote: The first reviewer said it's durable and has had "fat chick's sittin' on it", but one question; how could a fat ass fit on top of a 15 watt Fender FM amp.
    more importantly, why would he have fat chicks around him? the only real fat chick at my school is scared of my band lol
    thrash-it-up
    i have one of these, and i must say im actually quite pleased with it, i dont use it that much straight from my guitar, but when i do im pleased with the sound, on review said that theirs had a hissing sound, i think that may b specific to his amp cos mine is fine it sounds good when put through pedal as well, i put it through a digitech rp250 and ibanez modified turbo tube screamer and play mainly thrash stuff, like megadeth, metallica lots of pantera etc and can always get a good sound out of it!