Frontman 15G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15G

I am using a First Act electric guitar that I got from Santa for Christmas, and I have no problems whatsoever! I have a single humbucker pickup in the bridge position and the guitar and amp go together just perfectly. It definately suits the music I play, which is a mix of The Beatles sound and an AC/DC sound. If I crank up the overdrive volume and the gain, it gives a ring that will give you a headache. It pretty much makes the basic guitar amp sounds and the distortion sounds awesome at low-to-medium volumes.

It sounds good for playing rock music, sounds way better than my 9in. by 9in. First Act practice amp, and I could have asked for nothing more at all, except maybe a huge Marshall Amp stack, but I'm only 12 years old and I'm just a beginner, so this amp is perfect it has a strong sentimental value to me, and be realistic, what would a 12-year-old do with a Marshall stack?

I don't gig, but if I did, depending on the size of the area I am playing in, I would use it in small-sized places, but not in huge arenas. It has never broken down, and I am grateful for that. I would never sell this amp, and I am really gentle with it, so it will last longer than if it was with someone Who abuses their amps. I would depend on this amp with my life.

It has channel switching from clean to overdrive, a gain knob, a volume knob, a treble knob, mids knob, bass knob, auxillary inputs, and a headphone jack. It has more than enough power than the stated 15 watts, I wish it had reverb, but the songs I play don't really need reverb.

Funeral Moon
    I think that most people who have this had it with the strat pack when they were beginners. It sounds decent at first, and you feel cool playing it when you first start out, but you'll soon realize how crappy this amp is. I've had it for over a year, and I've become decent at playing, and I always get discouraged when playing through this because it sounds so bad. The lows sound decent, but the highs and mids are terribly awful. I have a Jackson RR3 now, and I play it through this amp, and the sound is still awful. I seriously need to buy a better amp, and so does everyone who has this who has it for a while.