Frontman 15G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15G

I use this amp with a Squier Strat (again, it came as a pack, and I'm looking to upgrade now). The stock pickups on that guitar are horrible for distortion, so part of the blame lies there. I mainly play metal, and this amp isn't too good for that. Actually, If you play rock or blues or metal, I'd stay away from this amp. The EQ controls are all right, I usually keep the bass down to keep it from making my room vibrate. My amp is kind of weird, sometimes when I turn it on it will be super noisy and make weird buzzing noises, but if I turn it off and then on again it will be nice and quiet. As I mentioned above, the clean gets distorted at about 5 or 6. The distortion is okay, it's not horrible, but if you play metal or blues or rock go with another amp. But I have to say one thing. At low volumes, the clean channel is fantastic. Fender amps are generally known for their bright clean tones, and this one is no exception.

For metal, this isn't a great amp. But as a practice amp it's definitely sufficient for beginners. Also, the clean tone really is fantastic; if you're a casual player Who doesn't use much distortion this will definitely work for you. If someone wanted to steal an amp, I don't know why they would steal this one, but if I was still at the level I was when I bought it, I might buy it again. As I said, it's a solid starter practice amp and nothing more.

It sometimes makes weird noises when I put it on or randomly, but shutting it off and then on usually fixes that. But it's a practice amp and not meant to be gigged with; do so at your own risk. This amp has never broken down. Like I said, for bedroom practice it's extremely reliable and has served me well. It's definitely sturdy, I've stacked plenty of stuff on top of it.

When I started playing guitar about three years ago, this was my first amp, with a Squier Strat starter kit. I'm looking to upgrade now, but this amp has served me alright. I use it for bedroom play, and it is quite a loud amp, but the clean channel breaks up at about 5 or 6. It has 2 channels, clean and distortion, with one set of EQ that serves both channels. The Drive volume knob is a bit annoying at times; because my bedroom is small and the gain is usually on 6-8, I have to keep the volume knob at like 1.4 and it usually takes some adjusting to get it right. No effects on this one. I wish it had reverb at least. But it does have a headphone jack, and the pack came with sound absorbing headphones.

metallic_rob
    ive had this amp for over 3 years now and i finally got rid of it!ever since the first time i turned it on, there has been this horrible loud buzz that i couldnt get rid of and i tried every trick in the book to get rid of it.the clean channel is good but the distortion is rubbish to be honest so from my experience dont get this, get a marshall