Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
Fender: Frontman 15G

I use a Squier Stratocaster on the Bridge pickup most of the time. It sounds well when I play Green Day, Chili Peppers, and AC/DC. It's extremely annoying when you put the volume to 4 or higher. The sound is ear-blasting if you're close (about 3-4 feet). The distortion sucks. It doesn't make any sound sometimes, and there's too much feedback at other times. I never tried the amp at high volumes ( over 4), so the rest is up for other people to try...

This amp suits me for now, but if I had a choice, I would totally swap it for a Marshall. I have been playing for 2 years now, and I don't really own anything except my guitar and this amp. If it was stolen, I would buy a Roland Cube instead... At least those have good effects.

The amp is tough. I dropped it a few (dozen) times and it doesn't have a scratch yet. It only broke down once, and that was my fault. I went to pick up the phone, but my guitar was still plugged in, so I went too far and the amp fell and the end of the cable got stuck inside. Anyways, I trust this amp to survive a few years.

This 15-watt hunk of junk was new in 2007, when I got it. It has 1 channel and a headphone jack right next to it. There's knobs for the tone (Treble, Middle, and Bass), Normal Volume, Drive Volume, and one for Gain. I use the amp as a practice amp at home in the basement. It's loud and noisy, and it gives a lot of feedback.