Frontman 15G review by Fender

Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: Reidys world of music

I have had everything from a Squier to a Gibson robot through it, custom nailbombs, emgs... This has to be the amp with the most plug ins ever from mates guitars lol. So on the clean setting it is really good, I mean fantastic. The Drive channel though is really shite, invest in a good distortion pedal and just play on clean so much better. I have had a problem with buzz and this was becaues of the plug socket at my cousins so if you get one and it buzzes take this into mind. For the price I think it's great and a kick ass little practice amp.

TBH with the price it's a practice amp to plug into your effects and it does this great. Also good for begginers for the price Who could argue? So I love this little thing especially the clean and it's compactness. I do wish it had effects though. If it was stolen I would prob either nick another one of them or buy a Roland cube.

it aint broken yet so what can I give it other than a 9 after a year and a half of lobbing it around places. Do not gig with it. You would have to be seriously stupid to try, it's not powerfull enough ffs. Reliable yes but powerfull no way. It has never let me down and I mean ever oooh except when I left some headphones in and then wondered why is wasn't working:face:

Ok so it's a fairly basic amp and it's reflected in the price. 2 channels which are fairly good (clean / overdrive) and bass mid and treble toggles. Headphone socket is good so you don't piss off the neighbours. No other effects though which is a bit of a let down. If you crank it up it can go quite loud but past 6 oclock and the sound goes horrid. I use it for bedroom playing and it's fairly easy to transport. Deffinatly not a gigging amp.

Purple_Tears156
    oosabaj
    pretty good for starting on in the squier pack with guitar and other stuff including headphones(which are very good by the way). but good blues tones are a no no. very loud but gain gets horrible after 6 or so. if your getting the pack for a first electric, go for it. if you want to buy a separate amp at a cheap price, get something better in the same price range line a line 6 spider III of something
    Rogue Hermit
    Purple_Tears156 wrote: i've never had a fender but this one sounds pretty cool. at the moment i use a vox AD15VT comments on my amplifier please?
    i wouldn't consider it much of an upgrade going from one 15w SS amp to another. in fact, you might as well not even "upgrade" to another SS amp, because you won't gain anything. you'll only want to replace it very soon. look into a small, low end tube amp. much better than SS.
    the-stuge
    i got one of these about 2 or 3 years ago when i was 13 with my squier strat, i have had guitars that are alot more expensive than that since then and i still use the amp now and it still sounds great and my parents get annoyed with it being to loud, but its a great little amp and i will allways keep it