Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

I played an Epiphone Jr and Ibanez RG3EX1 through this little guy. The distortion is decent if you can get over the ungodly noise that it makes. Some call it a hiss or a buzz. I call it annoying an it totally kills the quality of this amp. If it wasnt for that horrible sound this thing would get a much higher rating. The clean channel leaves much to be desired. The one good thing is that its a closed back so theres some bass when you wanna play some heavy riffs.

I play all styles of music. This amp is probably only good for metal and hard rock. Great amp for the price and decent amp for beginners or guitarists that are having financial issues. If you have the money I would suggest a tube or hybrid amp for 100 dollars more. Its worth it if you are a serious guitar player. I would probably buy something like this for my daughter if she ever wanted to start playing guitar. If she broke it or spilled something on it I wouldnt cry since its only 40 bucks. Cant beat that price, but you get what pay for...

If you mention gig and Frontman 15 in the same context in public, I can guarantee Chuck Norris will magically appear and roundhouse kick your face into the afterlife. He would not allow you to subject any audience to the menacing hiss/buzz that these Fender amps are known for. It's a practice amp and nothing more. As far as durability goes, the input jacks are prone to breakage and the pots can make some noise through the speaker when you adjust them. Quite a few Frontmans have had this problem as I have owned a few of them over the years, usually when I'm very broke and can't afford anything better.

It was probably made sometime in the last 10 years lol. The amp is the antithesis of versatility in my opinion. Its got clean and overdrive and the typical 3-band EQ you would come to expect from any amplifier these days. The aux in is a nice feature. Great amp for the price of 40 dollars. Dont pay any more than 50 for this though!

metalriff735
    my friend has this amp. he let me have a go on it and i must say the gain is great (then again the gain on my amp sucks). apart from the gain on this amp, i didnt think that much of it, as it kept buzzing and if u turned it up the buzzing got louder as well. not a very gd amp
    breakdownkid784
    it has good distortion, really good actually. but thats it. and it does get pretty loud. but its nothing speacial. i wan to sell it and my Vox and get a marshall but i dont know a good marshall amp to get thats relativley low priced, any suggestions??