Frontman 15G review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Fender: Frontman 15G

Purchased from: absolute music

I used this amp with a Squier Strat (it came as a bundle 200, but the amp itself is worth around 50ish new). As a beginner amp, it's fine. It does its job, as a beginner isn't concerned (or aware in some cases) with tone and things like that. For "rock", it will pass. Just. The clean channel isn't all that great, and the distortion channel is pretty bad, it sounds very "uneven". Even on clean, there is a hissing noise, and on distortion? it becomes worse (understandable really).

For the styles of music I was playing back when I was a beginner. (things like Green Day, the occasional Guns and Roses, and Sum 41) it's OK, not fantastic, but you get what you pay for. For the styles I play NOW. (Instrumental rock[Joe Satriani], experimental rock ect.) It just won't cut it. However, she is built to last, and if you are a total beginner, and strapped for cash. Go for it. But make sure you start saving for a new amp as soon as you get it!

I've had this amp for 8 years now. On the surface, it looks almost like new. It's been to a few small gigs, and survived my practices. But of course I have moved onto newer and better amps! recently, the volume knob on the clean channel has stopped functioning. Well, it's more like it's "traded" it's function. Instead of using the volume knob on the amp to adjust how loud it is on the clean channel, I have to use the volume knob on my GUITAR to do it instead!. Everything else however remains fine. You would only get this amp if you were an absolute beginner, and strapped for cash, and desperate! But even if you do end up with this amp, it will serve you for however long it takes you to get a new amplifier.

This amp is a solid state amp. This amp compared to other amps (of the same price and quality), appears to be pretty good. It has a clean channel, a distortion channel and knobs to adjust bass, middle and treble. Years ago, this amp was my favourite amp, as everybody else had amplifiers that did not have any option to adjust bass, middle and treble. It has an AUX input, which will allow you (With the correct cable) to connect something like an ipod to the amp and allow you to play along with the song, which is handy if you are away from a computer or sterio sound system. And it has a headphone output as well, which accepts a 6.35mm jack. Which can be a bit of a hassle as nowadays most headphones use the smaller stereo kind of plug. Back in the day, I would use this amp as a bedroom practice amp, and that is where it should stay. I only used this for things like small school gigs and I only used it then because it was the only amp I had.